“Authentic, Real Bali”
other travellers have booked this property
Swallow Guesthouse entrance for 3 suites Swallow Guesthouse shared pool
Swallow Guesthouse shared pool
SUNSET Suite
View of pool from Upstairs bedroom SUNSET Suite
Terrace view for SUNSET Suite
Surrounded by rice fields and sunshine!
Wayan, your hosts, welcomes you to Swallow Guesthouse
Private terrace for SUNSET Suite with pool view
Dining area for SUNSET Suite
Entrance way past SUNRISE Suite
Entrance to Sunset Suite
Room #1 of SUNSET Suite downstairs with queen bed and storage area
Writing desk made from rattan and coconut wood
Sunset front hallway with books to read. Bathroom at bottom of stairs.
Stair view to bathroom
View of hallway from stairs to upstairs deluxe open room
Writing desk for upstairs SUNSET Suite bedroom
Queen bed and single bed in large open space
Hand-made furniture supports local craft makers
Sundeck for reading or massage!
Large folding doors, keep open at night for surround breeze.  No worries about mosquitoes!
Nyoman the masseuse
Single bed for child or spare lounging area
View from single bed
Hand carved wooden doors in bathroom entrance
Hand made with care and love at Swallow Guesthouse in the REAL Karma Bali
Character fixtures
Eating area and outdoor relaxation seats 6-8 people
View of Sunset Suite from shared pool
Two story, two bedroom, support.deck and eating patio. Shared pool and kitchen. Meals & Van availabl
Pathway between Sunrise and Sunset Suites
Kitchen tea and coffee
Gourmet meals prepared  by Putri
Mt. Agung view to the north
Your hosts, Putri and Wayan...6 years ago! we have enjoyed hundreds of guests since 2009!
View on rice field walk.  Many paths to choose from.
Your hosts Wayan and Putri will guide you to ceremony at temple
Ganesha welcomes you at entrance to Swallow Guesthouse
Your Welcome Home Drink!
Map to Swallowhouse.  Follow the signs to Villa Ubud or use Google Maps.
Village organic project
Local smiles
Watching the Orangic Ducks in the rice fields
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lve2trave...
Seattle, Washington
“Authentic, Real Bali”
Reviewed 8 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

This was our first trip to Bali and we found exactly what we were looking for-the 'real' Bali. Just as promised. The tours around the region were certainly highlights, but our favorite day was spent with Wayan and his family and being apart of their family at the dinner table.

We could not have asked for a better experience. We found Swallow House to have warm hospitality, genuine friendship, and the most delicious food!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Wayan, Putri, Suzan, the peacefulness of the rice terraces, meals on the Bale
Liked least: In the end, the gecko and I were friends.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Jun 2012
We are all very pleased to have shown you the local culture of Bali for your first experience here. I have passed on your kind words to Wayan and Putri and they hope to share more with you next time you come by!
Diva_AKL
Auckland, New Zealand
“The Best Bali Experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

If you are looking for the ‘True Bali’ this is the place to go. Spending a month in Bali I spent my first week and last week in the Swallow House.
The solicitude is like nothing I have experience, and only 15 minutes from Ubud and was the perfect balance. I loved sitting out and just watching the world go by. Wayan would help us translate so that we could talk to the rice farmers. It is amazing when you stay some place for so long how you get to watch the small changes in the Rice Field and realize how quickly life changes even though it may appear to be standing still.
The Beautiful House and Beautiful Location and only part of the story.
Suzan – a fantastic individual who set up all aspects of our stay prior to arrival, making sure that our stay would be a memorable one. We e-mailed each other for two month prior to arrival setting up all aspects of both of our stays.
Putri – Just the most amazing cook. I admit; I am never understood about Organic food until Putri cooked for us. Every morning at 5am she would go to market to buy the food. Our meals were always the freshest possible depending on what the farmers had that day at market.
Wayan – You could never truly explain Wayan. He has so many stories about Bali and gave us so much helpful information. If you asked me to explain the people of Bali, I would tell you to talk to Wayan.
Just an amazing place to let yourself be immersed in Bali

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Apr 2012
We miss you too!!
Good luck settling in your new home.
Salamat tingel,

A romantic getaway Older travelers
CA
Reviewed 19 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
19 Aug 2011
We are so pleased you and your family had a memorable time at the Swallowhouse. I will pass on your comments to Wayan and Putri - they truly are an amazing couple. Keep in touch - Suzan
France
Reviewed 26 July 2011 for a stay in August 2009

Travelling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 25-34
26 Jul 2011
Luc, it was a real pleasure having you at the Swallowhouse. I'm please I was there to share the rice planting with you - your lines were much straighter than mine!! I still have some of the local fellows asking about you - they were pleased you joined in their activities. We wish you success in your endeavors. Bon Soir!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing