All reviews rent a scooter starred hotel ten minute walk stayed here for three nights nice place to stay breakfast was included every morning clean rooms air conditioning good size swimming pool tv bali privacy bypass convenience bath
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We spent three weeks in this authentic, friendly, quaint and friendly hotel in Sanur, Bali. Our new friend and hotel employee, Made Rayden, greeted us at the airport and drove us to the hotel and answered all our questions along the way.

Our room was steps away from the central courtyard swimming pool. The rooms are clean, comfortable and modern. The mattresses are extra firm, though.

Drinking water is provided each day and a made to order breakfast is enjoyed at the bistro table right outside your door.

Made Rayden was available for hire and we paid approx $50 per day to tour the island. We went to waterfalls, temples, beaches, rice terraces, the monkey sanctuary in Ubud, Mt. Batur and the hot springs, shopping for groceries and souvenirs, etc. We were even offered pick up and drop off services to Sanur restaurants and spas.

We were treated like family and LOVED the staff!

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, 5 minutes to 20 minutes, depending on what you want to eat. The restaurants closest to the hotel are authentic Indonesian menus, with meals around $3-$5 US. The restaurants 20 minutes away can cost up to $10-$20 per meal. The beach is a 10-15 minute walk and is a nice place to watch the sunrise but the tide is low in the mornings, so swimming is not an option.

Must try restaurants nearby include:
Warung Blajong for Indonesian food
Scuie Scuie for pizza and pasta
Massimos for pizza, pasta and gelato
Rumah Sanur for Indonesian food
Jalapenos for the burritos and sangria
Malaika Secret Moksha for the Indian food and the lovely vibe

Room tip: Ask for the family room if there are more than 2 people
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I booked a hotel by the name of Sindhu on the beach! And get to this hotel in the middle of no where!

The manager told us 15 min walk to beach, then it turned into a ten minute walk and to find out it’s a half hour drive!

And that’s just the start!

I then got in contact with the agent I booked with! Booking.com and they said it’s up to the hotel to refund me my money! For one night! I argued the fact with booking.com and now they just ignore my emails!

So I went direct to the hotel management and they just treated me like I was not valued .

They double booked me in two hotels and charged me 2 cancellation fees under two different names with same booking number and now they are ignoring my emails!

They are liars, cons, thieves and just low life rip off artists!

apparently I booked for honeymoon with my partner and my mother in law! Hahahaha so again anther stuff up!

So then to try and make me happy they offered to drive us where ever we wanted while we stay there!

Even though the 30 min drive was a 15 min walk no wait a 10 min walk to the beach!

They offered free
Extra room for mother in law
Free upgrade
Free taxi service

But not a $75.00 refund

And to top it off they charged me $150.00 cancellation fee!

As if anyone would want to stay there!

The place smells
The pool stinks!
The pool water looks like muddy river!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is ok taken the price in consideration. Staff was friendly, good at english and provided good service. Nevertheless We were dissapointed to stay here. Area around the swimmingpool and the rooms were very dark. Beds were not good. Pool was not clean, so you didnt want to jump in it.
Again - you get What you pay for, so We are the only ones to blame!
We better spent a little more.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is a small courtyard of rooms, 200 m from the Sindhu Mertha Guest House. Each room is self contained and comfortable (beds a little hard but that's normal everywhere here). Air con was good and effective. Had a safe, and an outside/inside bathroom which was just perfect. The pool is lovely and wonderful in hot weather. So long as you are quiet they seem happy for it to be used at any time, and we often joined other guests late at night when returning home hot from an evening out.
The main beach is about a mile away, but a private beach is very close (a few hundred yards) and is very inexpensive.
While communication can be tricky and breakfasts are not always perfect by western standards, I could never criticise the willingness of staff to do everything they can for you. Staff are massively helpful, friendly, and I would go back in a heartbeat. A beautiful spot in a lovely country.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Other than the occasional toilet plumbling problems, this is a great hotel to stay at. Quiet and big clean pool. Went with my friends and stayed for 5 days. Really fun..

Location rather secluded but just behind the road are the rest of the happening food places. Otherwise, there are some japanese bbq restaurants and local food stores beside. Great to have provision stores too.

Date of stay: May 2018