“Luxury Villa with a big pool”
other travellers have booked this property
Swimming Pool
Bathub in Room 3
Bathroom Room 3
Kitchen
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brisbane, Australia
“Road noise is awful!”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed here in August with 2 other couples. As per the booking confirmation it stated we would have a housekeeper for our entire stay. We stayed for 3 nights and not once did we receive a linen change or fresh towels. The housekeeper was there the whole time and all she had done the whole time was put one roll of toilet paper outside our doors whilst we were away doing activities in Bali.
The road noise is so awful. I do not consider myself a light sleeper but the noise was almost unbearable. TV reception was very poor also. I do not recommend this Villa.
Villa pool was nice.

Liked best: The pool
Liked least: road noise, no housekeeping
Your age range 18-24
31 Aug 2015
Dear Ashley,

We are very sorry to read your negative review after trying so very hard to help you enjoy your stay with us.
I have confirmed with our staff that during your stay, you always use your own towel where our towel still folded nicely. That’s why she never changed the unused clean towel to the new towel. And for the linen change, we don’t provide changing everyday as it never mentioned in the booking. However, we have make sure our staff to clean the villa, including the room everyday.
As we mentioned that Villa Ayu located in the main street of Jimbaran and built with traditional Balinese design with Alang – Alang as the roof which doesn’t hide all of the noise like normal roof. This is actually can make you enjoy the natural life, which makes Bali so interesting. We regret that you are unable to share this appreciation for nature.
Again for the TV Reception, We could fix it if you could tell us earlier.
Thank you for taking time to write to express your disappointment after your stay at Villa Ayu. Whilst we regret very much your disappointment it can never be our intention to in any way cheat our guests. We always make every effort to give the best service and value for money.

Villa Ayu
Sofia C
Pinjarra, Australia
“Luxury Villa with a big pool”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Villa Ayu for 3 weeks and this is our second times stayed in this villa. We love everything, a nice friendly helpful owner, Novi and the staff Bu Ari. And we will come back next year. We can't wait!!!!
The villa is very kids friendly and my kids just didn't want to leave. :) Our kids love the big swimming pool and Bu Ari is very friendly and as we already know Bu Ari, she doesn't mind to help us look after our kids as well rather than we hire another stranger baby sitter.
All of the 3 bedrooms are very big, especially the master room. We can feel the Balinese Indonesian holiday form staying at Villa Ayu. They also have a big open living room. You might find it's bit loud in the first couple days, but you will get used to it as you are living close to nature. Thankyou for everything Novi and Bu Ari. We will come back next year.

Liked best: Swimming Pool and close to nature
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
SHEtravel...
Melbourne, Australia
“Couldn't be more disappointed”
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this villa after considerable time and effort researching options in Jimbaran. I visit Bali around 10 times a year but hadn't stayed in Jimbaran for some time. My friends and I decided this would be the location for our Christmas holiday.
It's located in the Halcyon complex; if I'd known this I'd never have booked it. I had found other reviews of that complex all saying it was terribly noisy and a long way from any of the regular conveniences (minimarts, money changers, ATMs, restaurants). The villa is roadside, and by that I mean right on the main road with only a wall between the busy thoroughfare from Jimbaran to Uluwatu. You need a car to go anywhere; the road is unsuitable for walking, it's narrow and very busy with no footpaths. Don't be misled by the '10 minutes walk to Jimbaran Beach' advertised on the description. It's a 10 minute drive. And a car and driver comes at an additional cost.
The 3 bedrooms are comfortable enough, but quite dated. Everything could do with a slap of paint and some maintenance. Unfortunately the noise makes it impossible to sleep. I had the master bedroom which is located right next to the road. I slept with noise cancelling headphones on for 2 nights and still heard the road noise. The kitchen facilities are basic at best; this might not matter to most people but if you want to dine in (not sure why you would with the constant noise) you'll be disappointed.
The in-house staff are very nice, and tried hard to help us out. We decided after the second night that we couldn't stay at this villa - we'd booked it for 2 weeks. Appealing to the owner for some consideration in a refund was unsuccessful. Yes we understood the terms and conditions, however we felt misled by the information we'd received about the villa and more importantly, key details were deliberately left out of the villa description.
We chalked this one up to a bad choice, packed our bags and got out of there as soon as we could. Finding an alternative on 26 December took us a full day, but was worth it.
I wouldn't recommend this villa to anyone. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked least: The road noise and location
18 Jan 2015
Thankyou very much for taking the time out to write a SECOND review for us. However, I would like to take at the opportunity to clarify on the points you have raised.

I’ll just repeat the same thing I wrote in your first review’s response. I have sent you several invoices due to your decision to change the dates f oyour booking several times and all invoices say the exact address of where the villa is.
The location of Villa Ayu is within the Halcyon Villa Complex. Like many other Villas in Bali, Villa Ayu has its own owner and management. Villa Ayu is not part of Halcyon Management. Since the first time you booked and arrived at Villa Ayu, I don’t think you have ever had to deal with Halcyon Management.

Villa Ayu is in a prime location, the same street as the 5 star resorts which include the Four Seasons Resort and Ayana Resort & Spa. It is also within walking distance to Jimbaran Corner, Jimbaran Beach, Cafes, and the complex Seafood Restaurant. The villa is located in the MAIN STREET which has been mentioned to you in the first email. I do apologies if the traffic was busier then usual due to the extremely busy time of the year (Christmas & New Year) as this is not normally the case.

I understand that you are used to Kuta and this villa is Jimbaran where the area is not too busy like Kuta where there are lot’s of cafes, restaurant everywhere. But Minimart is just right in front of the villa or next to the villa and as I have mentioned that we are in the same street of Four Season and Five Star Resort and Jimbaran and the street is quite safe to walk to go to Restaurant and Beach. But most of the guests prefer to hire a car or scooter and again, this is not a Kuta where there are lot’s of Restaurants, Cafes in every corner you walk.

Villa Ayu has Traditional Balinese Bedrooms which might look dated to you with “Alang-Alang’ for the roof. and I’m sorry that we can’t stop the noise by having this roof. We have done everything to make you happy by allowing you to change your booking with very short notice and provide you with our service, we are disappointed that you weren’t happy. However, I didn’t appreciate the constant threats in the email that you can mess with review of the villa unless I was to refund you.

Again for the Kitchen, I’m sorry that we don’t meet your standard, but our villa including Kitchen is a traditional Balinese lifestyle.

Thankyou very much for the complementing Ari services, I’ll ensure I’ll pass it on. Ari is always committed to providing excellent service to our guests.

I can honestly say that I’m proud that all of my other guests, with the exception of yourself have enjoyed their stay at Villa Ayu.

Kind Regards,
Steve D
“wonderful relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 31 December 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I stayed here with my two adult daughters. The rooms were huge, clean and quiet. The bathroom facilities were perfectly good.
Breakfast served was by Bu Ari and she cooked them in the villa. Very nice foods, Minimart is just next door or cross the road. The staff, Bu Ari and the owner, Novi were extremely helpful for helping our holiday wonderful. Novi also help us book some accommodation and transport to Yogyakarta.Excellent value for the price charged.

Liked best: swimming pool
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
9 Jan 2015
Dear Steve,

Warmest greetings from Villa ayu!

Firstly thank you for your review on the Villa. We are delightedly to know that you have a nice experience during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing and staying with us and we are looking forward to have you again in June 2015.

Kerry S
Melbourne, Australia
“Do Not Stay Here!! Disappointed!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for a serene, quiet villa I highly recommend you do not stay at Villa Ayu! My friend booked the villa for four of us. Two of us arrived on Christmas Eve and were due to stay here for 2 weeks over the Christmas/ NY break however we ended up leaving after 2 nights!
Reasons not to stay here:
1. The villa is part of the Halcyon Villas complex (which was never expressed in any Comms with the owner) and the villa sits right on the roadside with heavy traffic day and night connecting down to Uluwatu. I don't know how other guests think it was quiet & serene! Especially annoying for my friend who had the master room. It is directly roadside.
2. As well as the constant traffic noise (and yes that is a part of Bali but not expected when staying in most villas) there was a mankey cat with 3 kittens that meowed non-stop all day & night - this cat does not keep the mice out. It's looking for food & someone to feed it. (I love cats but disliked this one & it was again never mentioned by the owner) Plus the cat lounged all over the furniture. You'd be very unhappy if you were allergic.
3. The constant hot water pipe screeching day & night (I am not exaggerating!) This was in my room (bedroom 3) and could be heard in the outdoor living area. Even over music we used to drown out ALL the noise.
4. Mosquitoes everywhere & they love me. Bitten all the time, in my room (the sliding doors don't seal properly) A constant swarm hovered above the pool area.
5. You really are out of the way here. The walk to the beach is at least 15-20mins downhill and not what you would consider to be safe for walking along. It's a $10 taxi at least to Carrefore at Sunset Rd, Kuta. Traffic can be a hassle if you don't time it well (as it is anywhere in Bali.)
The only redeeming part is Ari the butler who was very sweet, helpful & very apologetic.
As someone who's been to Bali a few times I understand that some of these issues arise with anywhere you may stay. However we felt very misled and previous reviews don't match up with actually being at the villa and are most likely outdated. We are very easy going travellers who don't require all the fanciest specs. Just somewhere to relax, sleep & swim! We've moved to Puri Bambu a lovely quiet Balinese hotel in Jimbaran. It ticks all our boxes!!

8 Jan 2015
Thankyou very much for taking the time out to write a review for us. However, I would like to take at the opportunity to clarify on the points you have raised.

I would also like to mention that I have gone out of my way to accommodate you in your needs. For example, allowing you to change your booking date and airport transfers three times without any charge.

Yes the villa is located within the Halcyon Complex, but as I have changed your booking date three times without any charge and sending several different invoices which clearly states the exact address of where Villa Ayu located. The location of Villa Ayu is within the Halcyon Villa Complex. Like many other Villa's in Bali that have their own owner and management, Villa Ayu is not part of Halcyon Management. Since the first time you booked and arrived at Villa Ayu, I don’t think you have ever had to deal with Halcyon Management.

Villa Ayu absolutely does not have a cat or other pets at the villa complex. This was a cat from outside. Unfortunately, the cat was there on that day, but as soon as we were notified we did ensure that the cat was removed. As we understand the inconvenience and the fact we don’t want any animals in the villa. Due to the specific design of Villa Ayu having large open air spaces, this could happen at times. This is also the case for many other villas in Bali.

In regards to the hot water pipe screeching day & night. I personally was staying at Villa Ayu the day before you arrived in Room 3 for three nights and we did not hear any noise from the hot water pipe at all. If I had heard this noise or any other problem, I would immediately address it. As this is the first time that I have heard about this concern, I have had this checked since reading your review and I can confirm that there is no noise at all.

Villa Ayu has the mosquito spray carried out three times a week to ensure we don’t have this problem. I have also checked all of the sliding doors and again there is no problem with them at all.

Jimbaran Bay is a way from Kuta and it’s a good thing for some people. Jimbaran Bay is not Kuta. There are lots of other Supermakets at Jimbaran, so I’m not sure why you went all the way to Kuta to go to supermarket.

We are disappointed that you weren't happy.
However, I didn’t appreciate the constant threats of a bad review unless I was to refund you.

Kind Regards,
Novi
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing