“Comfortable, homely and excellent view”
other travellers have booked this property
Kids fun in the pool Beautiful Sunrise with the volcano 80km away
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kids fun in the pool
Beautiful Sunrise with the volcano 80km away
Jimbaran beach (very close by) - very child safe beach and the best Champagne brunch in Bali :-)
Master suite
Balcony is truly amazing at night
Often with clear skies
Master bedroom killer view
Geiger beach (nearby) - great to relax with the waves breaking off the reef
Guest room 4
CNN top 10 Bar in the world 'The Rock Bar' (nearby)
Stunning views from upstairs
Jacuzzi and pool
The local beach 'Balangan' - lovely jog to the beach from the villa
Finns Beach Club (nearby) - Excellent to chill and enjoy the tunes
Dreamland Beach (also nearby through Indonesia open golf course)
At Bali's cultural GWK centre 5 mins from the villa
Check dance at one of the best temples in Bali (again local) Uluwatu - 15 mins from the villa
View from the kitchen over the breakfast table
Master balcony with sofas for 6
Twilight pool
Amazing views of the whole of Bali
Kitchen (staff kitchen downstairs where most cooking happens)
Entry to communal WC on the 1st floor
View over the breakfast table
View from the kitchen at night
Super sized sofas and 65' TV with satellite TV and NETFLIX etc
Reading/games corner
Guest room 4
Ensuite with XL bath and rain shower
Guest room 3
Dining for up to 16
Dining with a night view
Massage for 1.5hrs for under US$15
Spa hidden under the swimming pool
Kinds room with double bed on the bottom bunk and single on the top
Kids room. Help yourself to toys
Stunning at night
View from the villa
Great for socialising at night
Great for a night swim
Top two floors at night
Garden outside the 4 poster suite
En suite with XL corner bath and rain shower
Stunning view
Super sized sofas and 65' TV with satellite TV and NETFLIX etc
Breakfast table
Reading/games corner
Master suite and door to balcony
Lovely garden outside the 4 poster suite
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 4
View from the 1st floor over the raised pool
Optional 6th room with 2x super singles
Great pool and jacuzzi
4 Poster Suite (ground floor)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
LiniHarun...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Comfortable, homely and excellent view”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Highly recommended. Been there with girlfriends. Gorgeous views, comfortable, homely with excellent housekeeper/chef (Dayu) who cooks meal that are out of this world The driver Dewa is resourceful and takes us around wherever we want to go.

At the end of the trip my friends and I are blessed to have experience the home away from home. We will return, hopefully this time with our love ones.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: The bumpy road
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
SunandSur...
Carlsbad
“Paradise above it all in Bali-This is THE place to stay!”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Our family of five and 4 adult friends from the US & Australia all had the pleasure of staying in this magical villa above it all in Bali! It was truly paradise and the ultimate place to relax away from the busyness of the city below. Nestled on the top of a large hill, with views of the water surround you, and there is a wonderful constant breeze which was a welcome delight from the heat below.

We were greeted with a huge smile from Dewa (pronounced Day-Wah) our driver and resident caretaker of the property upon arriving at the airport. I have never met a more skilled driver in my life. (The streets of Bali are hectic to say the least and we always felt safe with Dewa behind the wheel.) He took us all over Bali to beaches near and far as we had surfers in our group; as well as Ubud, Canggu to Tanah Lot & countless other places always with a smile.

Once you are at the Villa you will be greeted by Dewa's lovely wife DIU (pronounced Die-you) She will greet you in the mornings with coffee and make you breakfast or any meal, you just have to pay for the groceries and tip her & Dewa for their incredible service!! She made our group the most magnificent BBQ feast of a whole Snapper fresh off the fishing boat, Shrimp, Ribs, Chicken & Beef satay, rice, potato salad, green salad and fresh vegetables. It was ALL AMAZING.

The Villa itself it beautiful in lush, serene surroundings that are well maintained. The place is huge with lots of room to spread out for larges groups, the bedrooms all had very comfortable beds and plenty of air-conditioning. Wifi was also very good for those who can't seem to shut down.The pool is lovely and the Pagoda is heaven to just read, relax or take a nap.There is an onsite massage room below the pool which Diu can arrange massages for you. We took advantage of this almost every day. She can also arrangements for facials, manicures & pedicures which we had done as well. Dewa & Diu are SO kind and such generous people, we wanted to take them home with us! They made our trip the most memorable and we are truly grateful to know them. Don't look any further, this is THE place to stay!!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The Villa, Diu & Dewa
Liked least: The traffic in the city
Travelling group: Large Group
Large groups
24 Aug 2016
Hi L. Really glad you had a brilliant time and loved the villa, food and experience, and most of all, an amazing holiday. It's difficult to put into words, the experience people will have, especially as the owner. Diu's food is some of the best in Bali (I miss it) and the BBQ's could win competitions (a big statement admittedly), and the villa is a really special place. I'm really glad Dewa and Dayu looked after you and hope you will return again someday, Kind Regards, Peter
Cbedge2
Adelaide, Australia
“Perfect destination for our group get away”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Villa Rama Rama turned out to be the perfect place to stay for our recent holiday and first trip to Bali. We were a group of 3 couples each with 2 young kids; so 6 adults and 6 kids (1-4yo). We stayed 8 nights in early June.

This villa was a lucky find online. 6 bedrooms and being kid safe is a big ask in Bali. Upon arrival (after midnight) we were blown away by the size of the place, the friendly staff and, of course, that amazing view. Earlier that day Peter had sent a text asking if I wanted Dewa (the driver) to head out early for a carton of Bintang to ensure it is cold when we arrived! "Yes Peter, yes!".

The layout of the villa was perfect for us. By day we lived on the middle level, either in the pool or the main lounge and dining area. For sleeping it was great, as with two bedrooms on each floor we had one family per floor and the parents could be near enough (but also far enough!) to their own children at night. All of the bedrooms are air conditioned which was needed for the kids' day sleeps especially.

By night, once the kids were in bed, the adults were out to the cabana/gazebo at the pool, with the odd night swim. Having a drink, or playing games, the hours would slip away. To be able to spend your evenings in such away - no cleaning up after dinner - was relaxing in a way all parents crave.

The villa is kid safe. Plenty of gates and doors covering stairs and pool. The pool is deep and there is no shallow end. The husbands could stand up, but the wives were too short. That means it is steps, jacuzzi or floaties for those who don't swim. Happily our kids all became quickly confident to swim about in their floaties with us nearby.

The location is isolated. It is peaceful. It is tranquil watching the waves in the bays and the planes at the airport. You won't be walking anywhere, but Dewa will happily take you anywhere or head out himself for beer, pizza etc. nothing was too much trouble. The car is spotless and comfortable. In fact, all 12 of us would squeeze in together to get anywhere! I think Dewa was secretly proud to beat his old record of 9 passengers. It always felt safe in the car, even with kids on laps.

But the isolated location pays off well and truly. Being in the mountains it is many degrees cooler than down at any of the towns or beaches we went too. Apart from when the sun really hits in the morning, the breeze means the villa is always pleasant. We weren't troubled by mosquitos. And the view from the villa, the pool and the top floor is just divine. We had one sunrise with no clouds and could see all of the mountainous volcanoes. It was amazing.

Lastly, but by no means least, the staff were perfect. Most of the time you could forget they were there, but as soon as you popped your head downstairs, nothing was too much trouble. We had Daiyu cook quite a few lunches and dinners in the villa. Food was delicious. At times she would even make separate kid and adult dishes for a meal. One night we had a kids party and she made them cheeseburgers, chips and jelly (agar)! The money we would put in for groceries etc went much further than we expected.

But the staff earn their accolades by being so nice. Nice to the adults, and amazing with the kids. One night late in the trip we left all the kids home in bed and all 6 adults went out for dinner and drinks. Upon return were 6 sleeping kids, and a surprisingly relaxed looking Daiyu telling us how when a third child woke up earlier, she already had one child in each arm! Nonetheless, it was all fine. Another staff member was helping out for our trip, a younger cousin of Daiyu (I think). She did Bali massage too and so massage was always available in the spa downstairs. I've been trying but still can't get my breakfast pancakes as fluffy as Daiyu's, much to the disappointment of my children.

Dewa made great recommendations for shopping and restaurants, and more than once would see us paying too much in the shops (usually for alcohol) and then come in and save the day!

We have already started talking about coming back to the villa in a few years.

Peter, thank you for the great experience, for your pleasant manner during booking, and of course for having that first carton of beer cold and ready to go! We hope to see Dewa and Daiyu again another time.

Regards
Chris

11 Jul 2016
Hi Chris,

Really wonderful to hear you had such a great time and your already thinking about coming back.

I think as you say, for families or generations of families it's perfect and because of the size, you always have plenty of space, it's comfortable for the kids, and of course Dewa and Daiyu are amazing in every way.

Also glad you liked the location. It is a very special peaceful spot, yet close to some of the best beach clubs in Bali and surrounded by the best beaches.

Do keep in touch. We sincerely hope to welcome you back someday,

All the best,

Peter
sammig67
Newcastle, Australia
“Awesome Stay in Paradise”
Reviewed 27 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We had the most amazing holiday and Villa Rama Rama was incredible.
Dewa and Dayu are the most attentive staff. We truly felt like royalty.
Appreciate all they did for us and hopefully we can return to Bali and stay at Villa Rama Rama again.
I will recommend it to all my friends.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Apr 2016
Thanks Sam, really glad you had an amazing time. Please do come back and stay again, Kind Regards, Peter
rawjak
Singapore
“Stayed with cousins & friends”
Reviewed 25 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I have a few things to write about this property.
There were some dislikes and some things I hated the most which I have to mention so that everyone knows what to expect before renting it.

I started contacting the owner, Peter and bombarded him with so many questions expecting a typical snobbish villa owner to either ignore or answer angrily if not snub at me. Still I was left disgruntled by his patience and polite answers.

After confirming the dates of stay Peter asked me for a full payment via bank transfer so that he can block the villa on the specified dates. Instead I told him that I will make 2 separate payments. Second payment will only be made a couple of weeks before arrival. "Uh huh"... I thought. "Got you! If you don't agree to this I will spend my money somewhere else." As a kind hearted gentleman he is, Peter has the audacity to happily agree with my terms. I hate it because his kind gesture made me agonizingly guilty and I made the second transfer of final payment 1 month before arrival.

Upon arrival at the villa my group was welcomed enthusiastically by 2 dogs. Again I was thinking, "Yes. This time I will demand for a little refund or some form of compensation from Peter for not disclosing earlier that there is a husky (Jimiy) and a local breed (Priscilla)." After getting down from our vehicles being an all Muslims in the group the dogs did not even bother us and they will always keep their distance. I was really disappointed as I have no reason to ask for some compensations.

Dewa (driver) and Dayu (housekeeper) works there. I dislike them a lot because they made me feel like an invalid and lazy. Whatever I asked for they will happily oblige and execute with a smile always.
I told Dayu to prepare breakfast at different time on different days, she served them religiously on the dot.
Dewa was even worst. My cousin told me that they want to go to Krisna (souvenir shop) at 1230am! I told Dewa about our past midnight intention and then he hurriedly grab the car (Toyota Fortuner) key and start the engine. How could he do that? It is ok Dewa if you don't know how to get some sleep but I need mine. Off we went to Tuban. Dewa driving merrily.

The villa is huge and clean. It has a panoramic view of Bali from Jimbaran to the airport all the way to the north of it with mountains in the background. Swimming pool is big and the water is always warm. Yes! Even at night though it is not heated (i was told). We had bbq on our last night. The homemade bumbu (marinate) by Dayu was so out of this world yummylicious it made my tongue wet just by typing this part. I hate it.

Last day. My group and I hated this day the most that we were eager to not check-out on time because right here we were treated like invalids, made us lazy, forget about our diets and routine exercises, erased our memories of fast pace Singapore, we forgot how tall buildings looks like and taking a flight home could be better spent wading in the pool.

Peter, we will come again to avenge for the nightmares you gave us waking up in the morning back home and thought that we could still see the mountains in the horizon.

Potential guest, you have been warned. You guys will get the same treatment and hospitality as we had. Beware!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hill top location with unblocked view.
Liked least: Off-road path to the villa.
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
28 Apr 2016
Hi Rawjak,

Haha that is so funny. Glad you hated it so much ;). Really had me worried there for a moment.

Sincerely hope to welcome you back to have your diet go out of sync, be waited on hand and foot, and basically have a terrible time.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Kind Regards,

Peter
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$395
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing