The house is very spacious, clean & well maintained by a butler. It is modernly, comfortably furnished & stylish.
The helpful maintenence / gardener maintains the outdoor pool well.
We felt very secure with our lovely 2 security guards who are present 24hrs.
Very happy to tip all helpers at the end of our stay.
Especially useful are the complimentary use of a local basic mobile phone & 8 hours of a driver daily during our stay plus airport collection & farewell.
Best to go with driver to refuel if possible or on your way - otherwise monitor consumption.
Everthing was perfect, the villa, the facilities, the staff and everything.
Only have a few minor problems which are:
1. When rain comes, there's a raining leak from rooftop to my master bedroom(in the terrance door) and the sound of the water leak feels noisy. I hope i'll get fix soon
2. There are no ventilation or any device for air circulation. I hope they will put some hexos inside the bathroom
3. Need more privacy. Because my wife wearing hijab and no man allowed inside the house, sometimes the butler or maid go inside the house without permision.
4. When it was a heavy rain outside, suddenly all electricity went down
5. Microwave did not work that time(unable warm up the food)
For visit any places in Bali not too far if you staying here, also we will have a driver that provide from villa(free for 8 hours exclude gas and parkir/ticket services).
My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights from 16th to 20th April.
I very much want to give a higher rating but there are few negative points that stopped me. A few but important points.
OK firstly the positive points. The outlook of the villa is exactly like the photos advertised. It looks grand and modern. I only wished my own house is as beautiful as it. Each room is beautifully decorated.
The manager (Tatang) and butler (Nyoman) is friendly and accommodating. However we didn't need to use much of their service as my husband and I were out nearly the whole day. Their service is typically 9am-5pm. We only saw them in the morning when they come to cook breakfast. After which we'll go out and they will clean the villa.
The bed is comfortable but the pillows are not. Pillows are too soft and lumpy, no support at all.
The media room is wonderful. We love watching movies and playing Playstation there. The sound system is great.
Bathtub is so big, especially the one in the master bedroom. It can fit 2 people. Very romantic to have bubble bath together so comfortably.
1) Both the bedrooms are facing a busy road (Jalan Goa Gong) and it wasn't soundproof. So you can imagine how noisy it was. A lot of motorbikes passing by. To be fair there wasn't much vehicles late at night (and luckily we usually turn in late at 11pm or 12am and thus we could go to sleep) but it started to have more vehicles early in the morning (7am) and because of that I couldn't sleep more. I know some of you all would say we are crazy to waste time sleep in and not go out exploring bali but hey it's our vacation, we do want the chance to just be a bum and sleep more.
2) There are a lot of ants in the kitchen and dining area. I suspect there is a colony somewhere near the kitchen/dining area. On the 1st night, we had dinner in the villa and within minutes of placing the food on the dining table, so many ants came crawling on the table. and some were crawling on me. My husband and I had to hurriedly finish our dinner and clean up the dining table.
Please don't tell me it's a tropical country thing. I come from Malaysia (which is a tropical country too) and my house don't have ants problem. It's a cleanliness issue. Because the staff only work until 5pm, I suspect the previous families that stayed before us don't clean up after their dinner/supper or late night meals, resulting in crumbs or food bits left on the table or floor the whole night until the next morning. These will attract ants to come and build a colony in the cracks and crevice in the house.
3) Ok This is very minor but just find it slightly inconvenient - there is no hook in the bathroom or bedrooms. None at all. How to hang towel or clothes? Weird.
Note to families with young children that cannot swim, the swimming pool has no shallow end, in fact at one of the end, it is very deep, 2 meter.
In conclusion, would I return to this villa again? Well, unless the owner changed the bedroom windows to soundproof ones, no I think most probably I would not. Sleep is just too important to me.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Large groups|
What a fantastic villa, only wish we could have stayed longer. Setting was beautiful and luxurious, the rooms were very spacious, the refrigerator had plenty of free drinks, great mattress, the bathrooms were big and clean and the whole villa was well decorated with fine art. I have to congratulate the owner for his fine taste for art.
The location was perfect for us since we enjoy doing fun things during the day but we like to relax in quiet at night. We ordered food a couple times and we realized we spent less money.
There are plenty of beaches close to the villa. It took us about 7-10 minutes to get to a beautiful, clean and quiet beach that was recommended by the owner.
This is the perfect place for couples, families or friends gateway.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||Older travelers|