“Perfect!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Swimming pool
Swimming pool
Top view
Beach
One of two Family Beachfront Studios (accommodation for up to six guests in each of these rooms)
Sunset at Villa Puri Purnama
Bathroom for Poolside Twin Bed Room
Poolside Twin Bed Room
Poolside Twin Bed Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Kelly W
“Perfect!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had an absolutely amazing time staying at this villa in June. It was myself, husband, 3 year old son and 8 month old son and we all enjoyed it thoroughly! We stayed in the upstairs suite next to the outdoor area, which is was perfect for putting our kids to bed and then having a glass of wine or beer on the couches outside. The room was large with a great sized bathroom to accommodate us all. The staff were fantastic and the food was amazing! (We are having serious banana pancake withdrawals however! Need to figure out how to make those! Haha) Dewa, the driver was awesome with our kids and by the end of the week I think our son was more excited to see him than anything else! Thank you again for a great stay and making our Bali trip a memorable one!

3 Jul 2017
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your lovely review and for staying at Villa Puri Purnama.

Yes those delicious banana pancakes (laced with local honey) are very addictive as is the rest of the wonderful food prepared by our two excellent Balinese cooks (Manis and Putu).

Dewa, our driver is terrific also and his knowledge of the island is second-to-none.

The views and breezes in the Upstairs Bale are wonderful. I just love that space to relax in and watch the sunset (and sunrise sometimes).

Please come back and stay with us again, very soon,

Warmest regards from us all at Villa Puri Purnama (and thank you!).
Paula
magdaglyn...
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect for families”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

We had the pleasure of staying here for two weeks over October/November. We were two families with 4 young kids under six between us, including a 20 month old baby. Paula was very helpful from the start of the booking. The rooms were spacious and extra beds were provided for the kids. We loved the location as we could have the privacy we needed and let the kids run wild. They loved the pool and we were up early every morning enjoying a swim before breakfast. The staff were so friendly and helpfull. Thank you so much for Dewa and Putu for all the help. The kids did not want to leave and we already planning our next trip to Bali. This is a great location for families with kids. Great location for surfing also. The only drawback was the beach not being to clean. Rubbish washing up and the locals leaving it out when they use the beach. We do understand that it is not up to just the villa but the community as a whole and also up to Bali to keep the tourist coming back. We would still recommend Villa Puri Purnama.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Nov 2016
Thank you do much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our staff really loved looking after you and your two families and yes, we have wonderful staff. Our villa is definitely located in paradise and it is the perfect place for children to run wild. It is a pity that Bali has a garbage problem and I have supplied garbage receptacles on the beach in front of our villa which has helped somewhat. The beach is cleaned each morning but sometimes, after a ceremony or after the weekends it can take a fair bit of cleaning! I need to do more work with the village council to try to reduce this problem further as it is not the people in our village but the local visitors from surrounding areas to our beach. I will again let them know how our guests feel about this and ofcourse it is damaging the environment. Please come back and stay with again soon and receive our 'repeat guest discount'. Warmest regards and many thanks from us all at Villa Puri Purnama.
BrianA144...
Singapore, Singapore
“Stellar place for a getaway”
Reviewed 20 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

I spent two nights as a solo visitor at Puri Purnama and I must say it was far too short. The staff are fantastic and welcoming and make sure that you are well fed after a surf. The location is tops being right on the beach and away from the crowd and noise that other areas in Bali share. This is a perfect place for all sorts from couples to families and one that I plan to visit again in the very near future.

22 Sep 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was a complete pleasure having you to stay at Villa Puri Purnama. Yes we do have great staff including two excellent Balinese cooks. The surf break close to our villa is very popular and we also have a safe swimming beach right in front of the villa giving two wonderful beach options for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Our warmest regards from Villa Puri Purnama.
Glynis E
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Authentic Balinese paradise”
Reviewed 10 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

As a family of 9 from grandparents to a baby of 1 year old, we have just enjoyed 2 weeks of bliss at Puri Purnama. It is away from the bustle of a typical tourist spot, tucked down a side road and right on the beach. It was so peaceful. Paula and her staff were attentive, friendly, and gave attention to detail.Requirements for a baby can be above and beyond the norm. Dewa would efficiently organize any transport we required. The ladies in the kitchen served delicious meals and all staff were discreet and polite. My son enjoyed the surf and we enjoyed the pool. All the rooms were beautifully furnished, all in Balinese style, the main house being elegant, and the beachfront studios a more informal style, but all were huge rooms and the bathrooms lovely (one was outside but nobody could see you). The locals gathered on the beach in the evening (what a life!) which was lovely to observe but there was a litter problem. That is a pity.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The mosquitoes, not many but we had a few bites
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff looked after you well. We do have wonderful staff who are kind, helpful, friendly and our two cooks are excellent. Cucukan, on the East Coast of Bali, is the most beautiful, traditional village on a beautiful beach with wonderful views of the ocean, islands and volcano. In Bali, unfortunately, there is a litter problem, almost everywhere and when local families spend time at the beach their litter is left behind!. We do pay the village to have local ladies clean the beach each morning. We have now decided that we will be employing our own beach cleaners. Apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to this. We will be attending to this matter this month. Warmest regards to you and all your family from 'all the crew' at Villa Puri Purnama
dhilaws
asia
“Good location & staff, owner was not very pleasant to deal with”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

- Air-condition didn't work in 2 of the rooms in the main villa and in 1 of the attached rooms throughout our stay.
- Electricity kept tripping throughout our 5 day stay.
- Wifi works only on the ground floor in the main villa although.
- Lady owner is not very pleasant to deal with.
- Support staff at the villa were great. Always smiling, always helpful

For the entire duration of our stay, the air-conditioners in 3 rooms did not work and the electricity in the villa tripped multiple times every day and night throughout our stay. The staff knew about this from the very first night we were there. They helped as much as they could and even called an electrician to help resolve the issue (upon checking with the owner). Unfortunately this was never resolved. We found that this issue was isolated to the villa only because we walked out of the villa several times when the electricity tripped to check if this was an issue occurring in the area. It was not.
The villa was also crawling with ants although this could be because of the weather. It was extremely hot. Which brings me back to my point about the air-conditioning not working....We found it pretty astonishing that the owner refused to acknowledge this feedback when we spoke to her. She said she 'knew nothing about it'. Perhaps better communication is required between owner and staff.
Bali is a lovely island and the people one of the friendliest and politest in the world. So despite our inconveniences, the staff were amazing in helping us make our stay memorable.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 Dec 2015
We always welcome reviews from guests if they are based on facts and not erroneous information. I had called this guest twice (I was in Australia having medical checkups so I was not on 'tap' to have all the information at hand). Being thousands of miles away I had no idea there was an electrical problem. After I was first alerted to this problem I said to this guest that I needed to call my husband and find out what had happened. The attitude of the guest towards me, over the phone, when I wanted to check what had happened was 'rather aggressive' and there were two requests at that same time for financial compensation. This guest expected me to accept her explanation without checking the facts with my husband. Yes, I found it impossible to believe that all of a sudden, three of our airconditioning units were 'broken'. I knew there had to be another issue in relation to this and I needed to check on it and get back to her. I contacted my husband and he told me that our trusted electrician and the electrical supply company were onto the issue immediately. The airconditioners were not the problem as I had thought. It was the electrical 'supply' from the company which had been compromised and the power coming into our villa from the company was not sufficient to run all six airconditioning units and the jacuzzi in the swimming pool at the same time. This, of course, has been rectified. This has never happened at our villa before. This guest told me that it was the 'first night of their stay' that they had the problem only. This guest also told me, during our first phone conversation, that other than this electrical issue everything else was 'great' and they were truly enjoying their time at the villa.....We had guests immediately prior to the arrival of this guest and there was not a problem with any of the a/c units so I knew it had to be something else and I needed to find out the story. It was the supply from the electrical company and their 'device' on our building which was not operating. It was addressed immediately and explained to our guests in detail by staff and by me, after I had the opportunity to get the full story. To say our villa is 'crawling with ants' is really gross misinformation. There are ants outside the building and yes we spray them when required. If food is left out (and sticky drinks) by the pool, yes ants will come. This is not a huge problem and is easily remedied with spray. We are very unhappy when our guests are unhappy. We go out of our way to make sure they are well-looked-after. Yes, we have wonderful staff who informed me that they were told by these guests that if they didn't get a refund they would write 'bad reviews' about the villa. My staff also told me that they were intimidated by these guests. An unfortunate situation all round. I did compensate the guests with free accommodation for three rooms for the first night. They also given a free lunch for the sixteen guests. I actually compensated the guest financially over and above what was asked me. The day of departure the guests then renegged on what was an acceptable amount of 'compensation' and doubled the amount they were demanding. I most certainly compensated them for what they had asked for the night before departure. This is a very unfortunate situation and we certainly did our best to have it rectified as soon as was humanly possible. We certainly wish all the best to these guests and hope that the majority of their stay was a memorable one.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing