Reviews (1 045)
1 045 results
All reviews sun valley approach road home stay tea estate honeymoon suite appam herbal water view from the balcony ayurvedic massage small balcony memorable stay access road homely food home away from home special mention green tea courteous staff
44 - 49 of 1 045 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to Sunvalley in January this year with family and had an excellent experience. The view of rolling tea gardens is one of the best parts of staying here. You hear sparrows chirping, and bison wandering around early in the morning, and it's truly lovely. The staff is friendly and the property has multiple activities for families to do - badminton net, tea garden walk, two dogs to play with... We enjoyed the food as well.
The access road in the 500 metres leading up to the property is a little narrow, so if you have a larger vehicle than an Innova, reaching might be somewhat of an issue. Otherwise, Sunvalley is only about 10 min away from Coonoor town. Would highly recommend this to families!

Room Tip: Deluxe family rooms have two double beds so you can book just one for up to 4 people
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Sunvalley H, Guest Relations Manager at Sunvalley Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wishes from Sunvalley!!!

Hope all your Journey back home was pleasant and safe.Thanks for posting about us in such a positive and elegant manner in Trip advisor.

Your words has made each and everyone so happy.Your poetic review is so warming and real.Thanks for mentioning all the things that you enjoyed.
We feel warm that you are satisfied with our service and hospitality on your visit to Sunvalley also we are waiting for more and more vacation of your family and friends for a longer stay with us and we promise to be a better host.The approach road is very narrow as it is located in the corner of the hills, but very soon we will try to rectify.

Wishing you and your family all success in life.

Love and Regards,
From Sunvalley and Staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is bliss (to the power infinity). Their hospitality is unmatched and their property makes you feel that you belong in those hills. Every corner of Sunvalley gives you a view that you will carry home with you nestled in the depths of your heart! The neatness in and around the property deserves a special mention and so does the staff. They never say NO to anything. Their flexibility may be the best in all of Nilgiris! I am posting this review for Sunvalley on the way back from my 3rd visit to the place and have already planned for my 4th! Because they are the best!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Namaskar!!!
First of all thank you for sparing your valuable time on writing something so valuable for us.
Not only you,even Sunvalley enjoyed your company very much.It is so glad that Sunvalley had a part making your wedding anniversary memorable.Thank you for your "Good " stamp you have given Sunvalley and its staff.We still urge to be a better host when you visit us for your upcoming anniversaries.
The compliments you have quoted about Sunvalley will always be remembered and we will stress on the same to be better. Soni is always waiting for such lovable guest and hope you come to meet her soon.
wishing both of you all success in life.

Lots of love and Happiness!!!
Sunvalley and Family.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in Sunvalley 4 years back during my last visit to Coonnor and chose the same property again when I visited coonoor with my family during 13th – 15th Oct’18. This is absolutely a good place to stay amidst of nature and with good hospitable staff.

I opted to stay here, because it is far away from those noisy commercial places. It is a quiet place surrounded by nature where I can relax for couple of days with family.

Property & Accommodation
A well-maintained property with a great view of tea garden which is accessible to the guests. Different varieties of flowers and other plants are really well arranged to make the property more beautiful. It has a number blocks and each block has a number of rooms. I believe each of these rooms has a balcony with different views and each room has all the necessary facilities like any other 3 start hotel room. I was staying in a family room with 2 beds and I’m fully satisfied with all the facilities provided in the room.

Earlier they used to have only one block with limited numbers of rooms. Now they have extended it many more blocks and currently in the process of adding more amenities/facilities to this property.

I’m a strict vegetarian (no onion & garlic), but I did not face any problem here. I was offered lot of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The cook and entire staff were so nice to accommodate my requests. They tried their best to prepare tasty food for me & my family. I really appreciate them.
They don’t have a running restaurant, so you have to order your breakfast, lunch & dinner in advance.

Hospitality
Hospitality was really good. The entire staff including the cab drivers were so polite and always there to help you. No doubt, there will be many places to offer different kinds of experiences, but it ultimately matters whether it matches your expectations or not. Sunvalley fits my expectations and I strongly recommend it to others.

Stayed: October 2018

Greetings from Sunvalley...

First and foremost thanks for the quick remark you have given Sunvalley. It was nice to hear line by line about our property.
We hope that you had a valid and steadfast stay in here, Your positiveness and promptness is very comforting and will be a great positive push for everyone in Sunvalley.
We are happy to know that you were comforted in all spheres and at your next visit we assure to be a better host.Thank you for the special mention of our staffs and we will convey them.
Wishing you all success in life.
Sunvalley wishes you many more happy and adventurous exploration.Covey this msg to sir and your daughter.

Sunvalley & Family.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this place with family,.. can’t complain.
Pros:
1. Very nice place along with nicely decorated rooms and good Property with scenic beauty
2. Very nice food. You don’t need to go out anywhere.
3. Very hospitable staff and service.

Cons: location is a bit far from the Coonoor main markets and city. If u want to spend a relaxed leisure trip, no issues there.
Could be a bit more pocket friendly

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hello Sir

Namaskar !!

Superlatively many thanks for sparing your time to write about us. It was very glad to have you in our premises.
Your words are indeed a very happy and positive aspect for everyone in Sunvalley.
We will surely Cascade to our staffs about your pleasant words.
Your remarks will be a tool of improvement for us and we will always try to be better than before.
Hope you plan another vacation with Sunvalley so that you can soak in the entire atmosphere as you quoted.

We have taken a note of on your suggestion and will surely implement it immediately.

Wishing you all success in life.
Sunvalley wishes you many more happy explorations. !!!

Sunvalley & Family.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For the 'HomeStay' lovers, don't be carried away by the word 'HomeStay' in their name, it's a hotel.

I wanted a standard room for 2 adults and one 10 year kid. They provided me 'Family Delux Room' which has capacity of 4 adults. There is a standard room with max 4 persons occupancy mentioned in theire website. As we were 2 adult+ 1 kid, when I asked for standard room instead of 'Family delux room' they said, "it's a typo in our website" and we can't allow 2 adults and one 10yr kid in standard family room. Seriously, a typo in website??? (seems like they have corrected it now). So if you want a single room for a couple with a 10 year kid, they will force you to take family rooms which are Rs 5,000+ per night !!! I believe with Rs 5,000+, one may get better options in Coonoor/Ooty.

Location: It's approx 3 kms narrow, hilly road from main Coonoor-Ooty road.

Property: It's a lush green property with many different plants, flowers,etc with few pets. The property have many blocks with multiple rooms in each block. Rooms are like standard 3 star hotel rooms without ACs. Bathroom has both hot & cold water tapes. They had provided dental kit, soap, sampoo, etc. There is one FREE kids playing area for below 10 years, above 10 years its a PAID access.

View: This is the one reason I had selected this property as they have best view from room. The property has a tea garden with free access, where you can click pictures.

Food/Canteen: They provide free breakfast if it's included in your package. The cook makes tasty foods, but you have to give your order before 5pm everyday for your dinner.

Staff: The canteen and other staffs are very polite and professional.

Suggestion to mgmt: Allow lower cost standard family room to a couple with a 10 year kid.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with balcony have good views.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Sunvalley H, Guest Relations Manager at Sunvalley Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Sunvalley !!!

Many thanks for the time taken to review us in this reputed forum

Very happy to know that the location, view, food and our staffs hospitality was to your liking and the detailed explanation made us even happy. We are delighted to know that our seamless service and warm hospitality impressed you.

Regarding the website typo error - It was really a typo error and immediately it was rectified after your information. There is no need for us to manipulate in this case which spoils our reputation. Each room is configured on the basis of maximum occupancy in terms of water, electricity and the complimentaries provided in the rooms. Extra bed concept is not there in our property in order to make our guests comfortable. This was also clearly explained to you during your stay.

Also we have many categories of rooms which suits everyone's budget and pls check all the categories before making any booking in any hotels.

Apologies for inconvenience caused during your stay.

Sunvalley Family