“The Baltic Sea”

Varkala Marine Palace
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Varkala
Reviewed 30 March 2017

What does the Baltic sea have to do with Varkala Marine Palace? Talking about oceans like the one on display from our room veranda in Marine Palace to the eldest member of the room cleaning staff (unfortunately I do not remember his name now), he recalled very easily the whereabouts, adjoining states and other details of the Baltic sea. When I asked whether he had been there, he raised one eyebrow and said: "No need, I studied that at school." That must have been more than 60 years before, and the Baltic informations were of no practical use for his every day life ever since. I never had a similarly illuminating experience about the sheer joy of knowledge.
Take this as an example - who knows which illuminating experience is waiting for You in Varkala Marine Palace!! And yes, of course, everything is perfectly OK with the hotel.

Room Tip: choose the second floor for fantastic sea views
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Me and my friends stayed in Varkala Marine Palace for the second time and again we were absolutely satisfied. Wonderful location just next to the beach, attentive and helpful staff, ayurvedic centre on the spot, clean spacious rooms. I'd definitely come back again if ever in Varkala.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2017

My friend and I stayed at Varkala Marine Palace for a week in March 2017 and we had a great time. The staff could not have been more helpful. They were friendly and attentive and always happy to go the extra mile to make our stay more comfortable.

They offer Ayuverdic treatments and yoga onsite which is great and the location offers a chilled space right on the beach plus a 2 minute walk to the cliff.

Special shout out to Jay who was always helpful and friendly (despite me accidentally taking the room key with me to the airport) and Beena (not sure how to spell that) who kept the room beautifully tidy every day.

All in all there was nothing to moan about at Varkala Marine Palace...just turn up and chill out!

Room Tip: Jay very kindly let us upgrade to the upstairs 'honeymoon suite' at no extra charge because...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suzie Q
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Second time at this wonderful place. The ambience is so fantastic. Located just by The beach so that you can hear The waves coming im.

The rooms are big and clean. Try The ones on The second floor for a great view.

The staff with Mr. Bhashkar in charge are really serviceminded and nice!

Once again, great! :)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Hi everyone I have been looking forward to writing this review! My family friends and I stayed here for a total of 10 nights 11 days and I have to say everything exceeded my expectations!
First and foremost everyone who works here is just fabulous!
Our rooms were routinely cleaned every day with fresh towels incense sticks we literally wanted for nothing..
The restaurant with spectacular views over the horizon and the sandy beaches was fantastic serving everything you could possibly want from the daily fresh fish to locally sourced vegetables...
The whole experience made all of our stay a five star holiday thank you to all you guys we miss you!
Stephan & Maxine & family :)))

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family