All reviews mr sonam stakna monastery early morning sun junior suite room treacherous road the owner carrom board main market la pass min drive spacious lawn feeling home hotel building is special mention to mr recommend this hotel housekeeping staff are night halt
Reviewed 30 September 2018

mr. sonam ,who is the owner of the hotel, is a graet guy with a lot of experience and always helpful. because he resides in the hotel premises he is able to see that the guests have a very comfortable stay. also he has a very well trained staff who treat the guests as family , always service with a smile. why would you stay elsewhere when you are treated with 5 star hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
SonamWangdus, Owner at Ladakh Himalayan Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks & Best Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Ladakh Himalayan Retreat is a great mid budget choice for anyone. When I was looking for a good 3 star hotel in Leh then I did a bit of research and went ahead for LHR. Not only I booked this hotel for my trip, I also got the entire trip package done by Mr. Sonam Wangdus, the owner of the property. He was very courteous and tailored the package according to my requirements. Upon reaching the hotel, we were greeted by the staff and given Kahwa as the welcome drink. Mr Verma was warm and very welcoming and he was there for anything that we asked and made sure it was available. Staff was good overall. Rooms were spacious and look from the balcony was amazing. I would recommend to book the rooms facing the mountains. Food was delicious, nutritious and offered a homely feel. Would strongly recommend this hotel to everyone. Also, special mention to Mr. Tsewang Tundup, our driver for the entire trip. Not only he is an expert driver on a difficult terrain, he was also giving us information on the entire area all the time. Would recommend to ask for him when booking the hotel. Thumbs up from me to the entire LHR team and Mr. Tundup

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prabhatsingh

Dear Prabhat Singh ji

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

With Best Regards

Reviewed 20 September 2018

An excellent hotel around one KM away from main market with ample car parking. You can take your car to the market or if you like you can walk. We stayed there in first week of sep 18 for three days. first we stayed for 2 days in junior suite and we went to pangong. Though we did not have a room booked in LHR after coming back from pangong but hotel was very helpful in keeping our extra luggage in cloak room at no extra cost.

Once we came back from pangong we decided to stay in LHR again as we found it to be a very comfortable stay. This time we booked a deluxe rooms and a suite. Deluxe rooms are on the backside and have garden view (Though I am not sure if some of them have mountain view). Junior suite and suites are on front and have mountain view. I recommend staying in junior suite as it is of quite good size with great view of the mountain. Suite are extremely big and I felt these are more spacious than required for a couple but it all depends on your choice.

Staff was very courteous and helpful and will go extra mile to provide you a comfortable stay. We had buffet for dinner and breakfast. Buffet was quite extensive and tasty. We ordered some snack just before dinner and despite being busy in dinner preparation, kitchen staff provided us our desired snack. This I did not find anywhere in ladakh. Most of the kitchen just deny your snack order during dinner preparation.

Entire hotel is impeccably clean with lobby area on all three floors to watch TV, play some game, spend time with friends. Front office also arranged our permits to visit pangong, nubra valley and tso-moriri. Overall it was a great stay without making a dent in out pocket. I highly recommend this hotel for everyone e.g. couples, family, friends.

Room Tip: Choose junior suites with bathroom having mountain facing windows
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest.

With Best Regards

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

First of all I would like to say that owner Mr. Sonam is great guy and very helpful. Rooms are very good, food is also good and all the staff are always ready to help you. I would recommend to take the whole ladakh package through LHR. The transportation service and hotels)/ tents booked at nubra/ pangong are very nice. Also itinerary of lhr was nice covering almost all places and in proper budget. You can directly contact the Mr. Sonam or visit their website for package.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
SonamWangdus, Owner at Ladakh Himalayan Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Sir

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The stay at Ladakh Himalayan Retreat was Great. I would just describe in short and few words i.e Excellent Service, Excellent Hospitality, Excellent North Indian Food, Very comfortable Rooms.

Thanks to the warm hospitality extended by the management & the staff. Overall service and stay were excellent.

Would recommend this place to everyone. :-)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of Ladakh Himalayan Retreat Leh and for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. I am thankful that you liked our beautiful hotel, i am also glad that our facilities and services made it up to your expectations.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm Regards,