“Awesome Parsi food!”

SodaBottleOpenerWala
Ranked #35 of 2 892 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is my go-to place if I want to eat Parsi food. Having never stayed in Mumbai, I had always wanted to try authentic Parsi cuisine - items like mutton dhansak, beri pulao, salli gosht and lagan nu custard. Sodabottleopenerwala ticks all my Parsi food fantasies! I dig their fried fish, fried chicken, crunchy mushroom on khari toast and even their unique egg dishes. Their sikanji is unlike any other I've ever tasted and their shrewsbury biscuits are to die for! A place I will keep going back for their unique food and quirky decor!

yashjeet b, Manager at SodaBottleOpenerWala, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Aarti

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience with us at SodaBottleOpenerWala CYBER HUB and look forward to serving you again.
Always glad to be a part of your memorable experiences.

Thanks,
Team SodaBottleOpenerWala CYBER HUB,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's a different restaurant with a different kind of menu. One must visit it for the experience and to try something new.

yashjeet b, Manager at SodaBottleOpenerWala, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr Amit,

Always glad to be a part of your memorable experiences.

Thanks,
Team SodaBottleOpenerWala CYBER HUB,

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I always enjoyed dinning at this place, but this time around it was not up to the mark, may be my expectation was high, but the basic cant go wrong, food was not hot enough. We all know what can happen to a great dish if its served cold.
Well I love you guys, will be back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This outlet in cyberhub is very close to my office but never had the chance to visit, so for team lunch thought of trying this place.

The food we ordered

Vada pao- This was on recommendations by Zomato so ordered. The taste obviously was not as authentic as bombay style vada pao is but was close. The vada paos were big in size and the spread of chutney inside was also good.

Berry pulao- I had heard about this a lot from friends, so ordered and this was at par with the hype it had. The pulao had it's own flavour which imwas really new for my tastebuds and they just couldn't get enough of it. The pulao with so much of textures from berries to cashews to fried onions complimented each other so good.

Dhansak- So many cookery showd talk about this dish so this had to be tried. This came in a lunchbox with 3 boxes having dal, rice & kurchan. The dal was smooth in texture properly cooked with a different flavour mixed with the caramelized rice again was new for my palate, but there was no oomph factor in it as people rave about it. I found it to be just okay dish.

Paneer sanju baba- Again no surprises as of such just normal paneer dish very mildly spiced and a bit on sweet side, did not like it.

Raspberry soda- This was just superb refreshing with oodles of raspberries and chilled to perfection not too much not too less. Must try

The only things I loved were berry pulao & raspberry soda. Rest everything was just okay not something that will make you have more and more of it.

Apart from this a few ordered non vegetarian food also including Salli mutton & Bambaiya chicken biryani and per them(one of them was hardcore meat eater) nothing was extraordinary the salli mutton had no taste and in the biryani the chicken was not properly cooked as it should be.

And also you can't oder one rotli if you need only one.

And as I'm a vegetarian there were not much options in desserts too just one or two items and that too not something different that would want to order, they can have more options for desserts at least.

So all in all not that much good experience just okay.

Service was good and timely.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Their was great ambience at the place,I decide to order some palatable food..
We have order Kandha Bhaji,Pulao and Rasberry Shake

*Kandha Bhaji is basically made of onion coated with basin and served with sizzling green chutney
Taste Rating-3/5

*Pulao is simple rice with some veggies
Taste Rating--3.5/5

Rasberry Shake is made of Rasberry it was not so delish as I expected so it was below my expectation.
Taste Rating--2.5/5