“good pizza. hold the picante!”

Pizzeria Bella Italia
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Tela
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I had pepperoni pizza. Very satisfying. Don't get picante unless you want tons of super hot seeds in the tomato sauce. My friend asked for the least picante and it was so spicy. I ordered NO picante and it did not come with any spicy seeds.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We enjoyed two wonderful dinners at Bella Italia. The owners are gracious and generous, and genuine Italians. The restaurant is on the beachfront sidewalk. The pizza and pasta were delicious, the atmosphere was delightful, and our server and hostess, Cici, became a friend to us.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

The Pizzeria Bella Italia is facing the Carribbean Sea, and is a very welcome discovery. The owners are Italians (Torino) with many years of living in Honduras. We had a very pleasant conversation with them after dinner.

They are only open for dinner Thursday-Sunday.

Caprese Salad was delicious (although the mozarella was not fresh--but this is a small city in Honduras after all!). The pizza we enjoyed (the "Italia plus") was truly delicious. Very thin and crisp crust with quality topping. The service was prompt. We experienced none of the delay that has been described in a few other reviews.

Their pasta is homemade, but we didn't sample it this time. We will on the next visit.

I am delighted that we discovered this restaurant and its owners. We will return.

1  Thank Mayfaere
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The pizza here is always great. The hours of operation make it hard to find it open. The staff and employees at the restaurant are very friendly and helpful. The prizes are good. I love that they have many sizes to pick from including a huge one with 16 large slices.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The pizza was very good and the environment was great. Service was okay. I enjoyed sitting on the beach around evening time was a beautiful view. I went on a Sunday evening. One thing I wonderful - Why are they not open on Saturday afternoon for lunch .