“Great food”
Review of Asados Villalta

Asados Villalta
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Tela
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We came upon this restaurant by accident as The Bungalow is next door (and closed).
During our two week stay in Tela, we ate there 4 times. On one occasion, the power was out all over town but I remembered that they cook with charcoal. Problem solved.
We have had burgers, carne assada and pork chops. Their hot dip is fabulous.
The owner, Alex, speaks English as he lived in Texas. His wife, Gabby is very nice but speaks Spanish only.
Restaurant draws a crowd which slows service a bit but it is worth it. Prices are very reasonable.
Bring your own diet soda.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I've been in Tela for two weeks and only just discovered this place by recommendations from friends. Frankly it was the best meal I had in Tela. I've eaten at most of the 4-5 star restaurants and this far surpassed them all. Alex the owner is amazing and also speaks English. We had traditional Anafres (chicken and beef). Burgers are great. Chicken moist and perfect. Pork chops were great as well. We'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

After a few bad meals in some highly rated restaurants in Tela we decided to try one more called Bungalow and we walked past it looking for it. We stopped at a place which happened to be next door to it and the chef said “We have good food here, ‘Real Food’” we told him we were looking for Bungalow and he said it was next door. So we walked next door and it wasn’t open. So we walked back over and decided to give it a try. The waiter was very attentive and the chef came over to translate and they were VERY accommodating for my wife being vegan.

They have dogs on the property which were in the back away from the customers, but my wife was quick to ask to go pet them. The dogs were clean, taken care of and very friendly.

When my wife came back over to the table, the waiter was quick to give her some hand sanitizer. We ordered our food and looked around the very open atmosphere of the restaurant. The music was at the right volume, that is wasn’t too imposing.

When the food came it was a blessing. So very tasty and clean. Like the chef said “Real Food”. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that is in Tela for any amount of time.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Asados Villalta is a very unique restaurant it's located in Tela, Honduras it's a very recommended place to eat if your visiting Honduras it has very delicious food at a very good price they use little details to make the business look fancy Asados Villalta is the place to go if your looking for a delicious meal to enjoy with your family. Also if you don't understand Spanish no worries the owner him self knows English.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Ate here at the recommendation of a local when we found our original destination was closed the day we visited. We were greeted by the owners who are very nice and the husband speaks fluent English.

I took his recommendations and ordered the mixed meat plate and boy what a great dish it was.

Bottom line: great food, cold beer, open air restaurant with no frills. Love it. Ate here twice on my trip to the area.