Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort
US$158
Hotels.com
US$250
US$110
Serenity Fun City(Makadi Bay)
US$148
US$98
US$95
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsanimation teamsea viewnice holidaybig thanksswim up bartwo weeksspecial thanksmrjettyaymancasesgermanchefssnorkel
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed at the Harmony Makadi Bay for 8 nights in August 2017 and have no hesitation in recommending it as a great place for families. We were impressed by the friendly, helpful attitude of the staff throughout the hotel, and how hard they all worked constantly to keep the place running well and looking good. The gardens were so green, with gardeners working round the clock to water the plants, and keep the trees well attended. The water in two of the pools was slightly murky at the start of our stay, but there were alternative pools for us to use and the pool staff were working hard to get the water quality improved - which they had within a couple of days. The saltwater pool was lovely, and the main pools had attentive lifeguards working and felt safe and clean.

We travelled from the UK, but met up with a large group of my husband's Egyptian family members at the hotel. We felt the hotel catered for both us and our Egyptian relatives well. We dined in the Layalina buffet restaurant for our meals, and particularly loved the pancakes and omelettes for breakfast and the freshly cooked pasta for lunch and dinner. Our relatives ate in the main restaurant, which was bigger and busier - and although we ate there once too, our children preferred the quieter atmosphere in the Layalina.

We had a problem with the air conditioning in our room, but were very impressed at how quickly the engineering and housekeeping teams arrived to resolve it, and when it couldn't be fixed, we changed rooms without any trouble at all. Our room in the first villa in row 1, nearest to the beach and the pool with the slides, was a perfect location for us, and the views were amazing. We snorkelled off the jetty which was great fun, although most of the time the waves there were rather rough for smaller children to be able to swim easily in.

Although elements of the hotel do look like they are not at their peak anymore, that is only to be expected because of the drop in overseas tourism to the region and we felt that the service we received was outstanding, so would not hesitate in returning again - and are already looking at flights for next summer.

Room Tip: The rooms in the villas in Row 1 have amazing views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte R
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Our valued Guest Charlotte,

We would like to thank you for your visit to Harmony Makadi Bay , it was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for your positive review and for recommending our hotel.
For the Management of our hotel it is very important that you were satisfied with the room,garden,service,restaurant Layalina, food.

We are sorry that you had problems with the air conditioning, of course, we try to solve technical problems very quickly. I hope this issue doesn't upset your stay.

We would also like to mention that we were very pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us, once we read your review we were all filled with content to know that you were pleased during your stay with us.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest to our property.

Guest Relation

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel not bad but the #animation_team is very beautiful and they're helpful and interesting they make the guests very happy and #Alex is an important person in the animation team he's very funny,helpful really he's interesting person .
Actually I liked this team ....

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Our valued Guest Nadeen,
We would like to thank you for your visit to Harmony Makadi Bay in August 2017 , it was truly a pleasure to serve you.
It is very important for us that you were satisfied with the work of our animation team and wrote a lot of kind words about them on the website Tripadvisor .

We would like to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest to our property.

Guest Relation

Reviewed 23 August 2017

it is interesting that the manager is replying to every bad review here but in reality whenever you are at the hotel he never comes or resolves any issue / if you intend to pay using visa don't go there as they force you to pay in cash or leave you behind and they are false advertising that you can pay in visa !!!
terrible food / shallow sea to as far as you can see - or you should go to swim in a diving spot / rude attendants at the reception / no fresh juice/ no coke - fake awful drinks - no snacks / I understood the all inclusive means that hotel should offer fresh juice and beverages or snacks but this hotel does not , it is funny that you have to pay for juice since you booked an all inclusive reservation . Thank you for such a terrible experience / if you re going there make sure that you will starve there as there is nothing good to eat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roka r
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Although there were many comments negatively describe the hotel on the web sites but we enjoyed our stay very much every thing is excellent starting from the service, cleanliness, food and beverage and the friendly staff and for sure we will come back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank weather20
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I would like to start saying that this place is beautiful however the management forgot what the most important thing in their business is, the customer experience.
We spent two weeks here the room was good as well as the beach all the rest was AWFUL.
N1 food it's absolutely disgusting and service delivered at the restaurant completely unacceptable.
We had food poisoning three times and have therefore been forced to to stop eating most of the food served there.
The staff don't have the clue of what customer service means at the restaurant and at the bar in the lobby.
They tried to serve drinks in vey cheap plastic little glasses, probably bought in some kind of cheap supermarket chain ( which I don't use even to let my dog drink) and even worse HOT .
WOULD YOU EVER THINK DRINK HOT WHITE WINE OR BEER !!!
When we complained about that to the management we have been reassured that this wouldn't happen again . After two days we were back to the same point , result we stop even to think to drink wine or beer .
How the hell you can pretend your guest can drink hot wine or beer . About beer they don't give you a bottle , the guy at the restaurant's bar opens bottles and fill up glasses most of the time using rest of some bottle from the evening or lunch before , try to imagine what the taste or this can be :
DISGUSTING.
We have been constantly chased from people trying to sell us some tour or activity , we had to deal with about 10 of them per day when we were trying to relax at the beach at a certain point, even if we arrived in Hurgarda with the clear idea to dive and possibly get a diving license , we decided not to do anything with them as They constantly stressed us without any respect of our privacy.
But what really drove me mad in this place is the fact that everybody there try to cheat the guests and rip you off .
I would like to give be a few examples:
They advertise prices in USD but if you're from uk they ask you to pay the same amount but in British pounds or in euro in the Case you're EU citizen.
Do you guys think that your guests are stupid ?
One of the shops inside the hotel when I asked to buy some small rizla to make cigarettes they said first 1 dollar then asked me where I was from and asked me then 1 British pounds ( in the Uk I pay 30 pence for this ). They also try to cheat on the exchange rate .
Funniest thing after I dealt to pay 1 usd for this item which is less than 18 Egyptian pounds , they told me it was 25 and furthermore the day after same person tried to charge me 45 for the same product , obviously I argued that badly and paid the right amount, after I gave to the guy 20 Egyptian pounds he didn't give me the change back , I was to tired to carry out this ridiculous story I really I hope that little change I kept from me let him feel to be a smart guy and big man , RIDICULOUS.
This was just to give an example but they all do this , or at least they tried to do so.
The only great service we received was at the beach, the guy at the bar and the towel guy are absolutely amazing .
I would advice the management to let them train all the rest of the staff if you guys want to run this business as even if you advertise your place as a 5 stars hotel your service is probably poorer then a cheap and dirty hostel .
We will never come back to you, but I really hope for the people who will come to you in the future that something will change significantly in this place.
People spend money to go on holiday and relax and WE , as customers deserve to receive service and most importantly RESPECT.
I don't want to add anything else but I could carry on for much longer with other similar stories.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO NOT REPLY WITH YOUR SAME TEMPLATE YOU'RE USING FOR EVERY POST ON YOUR PAGE , THIS IS ANOTHER SIGN ON HOW YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple