Golden 5 Emerald Resort
US$103
US$98
US$52
  • Pool
MinaMark Beach Resort(Hurghada)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$37
  • Beachfront
US$58
US$110
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I didn't even stayed there I arrived and cancelled my reservation and left because of the things I saw and there problems that happened to us during checkin and lunch, the staff are rude and the restaurant is very dirty and smells very bad, all the floor is slippery, and the food is very very bad. The hotel was over crowded and the pools and restaurant were full of people. And I am not being racist but I have to say the guests there have no good social manners and they crowd each other for food, and non-civilized, they take lots of food that no one can finish, no lines, no order, and they are loud and rude.

I really need to know how this hotel is a 5 star hotel on many sites and booking os one of them. I saw the Diamond hotel it was nicer a bit kind of cleaner but they share facilities with the Emerald so it won't be a lot better.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Ali_Ghonaim
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Is the first time I' ve been so disappointed because I thought I had booked a 5 stars hotel ..when I spoke to the operator; regards a good hotel all inclusive .she seems happy and she suggested this hotel .Shocking when I arrived to the hotel the receptionist looked lost . I did my checking but the lobby looks dark and old style ..smelly I would say ..but the worst thing was when I demand my dinner ..I had paid all inclusive .

I went downstairs to the dining room and I had found NOTHING but Empty buffet ..and a bit of meat like swimming in a black sauce .disgusting .

I called the manager and requested my dinner .He just brought some chicken and pizza for my daughter ..I couldn't ate .

We been sent to our room but the style
Was old .The view was to the sea but most of he buildings were on construction.
Then I decided to take a shower and it was not water ..definitely I won't recommend this hotel ..don't go over there .food is awful ..I did complaint almost every day ..We're there ..so the Big manager come to me and apologise but it was to late ..I had already paid my stay ..I called the operator SUN MASTER ..It was difficult to call always engaged ..I felt trapped ..but I would say something most of the staff are very very friendly and humble .
But also I was disgusting I saw youngsters working 12 hours per day .

The pictures aren't real ..The pictures are 20 years ago when you check their website ..so don't be conne and go somewhere else .Definitely this is not a 5 star hotel .I will give them 2 the least .
Swimming pools were closed and some slides didn't work ..This hotel need a huge restauration or to close for good .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria O
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel i booked was closed and we were directed to another hotel in the group called the Emerald.
From the moment i arrived i was hit by the smell, it was stale.the appearance was not much better dusty, the flooring was mismatched chunks of carpet covering stained carpet.
We were shown to the lift and on the way up i observed a totally empty swimming pool despite it being in the middle of a hot day, it them occurred to me that i had only seen one other guest.
On the surface the room looked ok but on closer inspection it was not clean enough.
We went to the restaurant as we were very hungry but what i was faced with was a nightmare the room was dimly lit and the food itself was disgusting . We complained to the manager who changed our room and said he would speak to the chef, the new room was no better and at the end of a long corridor of nearly all empty rooms, there were dirty dishes in the corridor and it smelt.
We took a taxi and ate out despite it being all inclusive.
Next morning we went to the beach it was a 10 minute walk past stagnant water and we were attacked by mosquitos.
The beach was about a mile long and deserted as well at the end was an aqua park but when we went to look it was not open and there were many bags of cement and the animation team just played the same songs over and over but it was preferable to stay here rather than be in the hotel. Our new room had a toilet with a broken cistern than ran all night when we emptied the bath it came up through the floor and the air conditioning dripped all the time leaving the floor wet and slippery.
So if you are looking for a holiday please avoid the Golden 5 at all costs we got out of there and moved hotel we were lucky

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lawaxana
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Everything is terrible except rooms, the hotle smells not good ,their is no landscapes, pools are not clean , every thing need to be renewed and the food was awful
Finally it was a teribble experince for me and my family

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

General manager with sealed mouth , he failed to talk to me when serious problems occurred.
My 12 years olds granddaughter was about to be kidnaped , I called the police but hotel manager kept quite and I was never approached by him.
Hotel failed to report a serious fire by the beach , push it under the carpet.
Some hotel staff are begging for money at the beach. They ask for donations towards medical treatments for their mothers.
Food and drinks are for dogs only
Broken shower,
Very dirty beach towels,
Bed sheets and towels was never changed during 7 days holiday
Hotel facility are neglected,
Massive amount of dead Jelly fish are never cleaned from the beach.
Staff are too much , they are noisy also asking for personal favours
Gym is so dirty
I would rate this hotel as 2 stars not at all 5

Room Tip: Do not even go there
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family