“Was robbed + Subpar Feteer”

3nd Sokrat Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 94 Restaurants in El Gouna
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: Come and taste our delicious traditional Egyptian pizza; the famous Fateer is originally a sweet dish but is now popular with all kinds of savory meat, seafood and vegetarian options.Our ingredients are organic and freshly prepared everyday.Find us at the heart of El Gouna in beautiful Abu Tig Marina, where you can watch our professional Fateer chef cooking up a storm right in front of your eyes.
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs. Subpar quality of ingredients. Greasy. Way over priced. And to top it off, the delivery person stole an extra 30 pounds over and above the order. Basically, I paid 310 pounds for the worse feteer I've ever had. I called the restaurant and they apologized and only offered to return the 30 pounds with my next order - what would you do with such a place?

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Sokrat is a cosy place with good service. Didn't really eat much, so I can't comment on that. But I can say you need to be there Wednesday evenings, when the atmosphere is really lovely thanks to the piano player/singer.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has tasty egyptian fetter with live jazz music on wednesday nights and nice egyptian decoration

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Excellent feteer, my top pick is veggie curry or spinach. I try to come to this place each time I am in El gouna. Fateer is also offered in Tamr Henna, but the quality is much worse. Sokrat's fateer is rich in flavour and a lot of stuffing. Sweet kind is also great, but rather to be shared among a few people.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The dough of the "feteer" (egyptian pie) was good but the cheese gave everyone a bad time later on we all needed acidity medicine.
If you're gonna eat go for the sweets only

Date of visit: April 2018