“An oasis of cool and calm in Dahab town”
other traveller has booked this property
External view of Residence Arabesque
Outside terrace with hammock Living room with built in Islamic arches
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Outside terrace with hammock
Living room with built in Islamic arches
Living room overlooking mature date palms in private garden
Living room detail
Two single beds in bedroom
built in storage in bedroom
Spiral staircase leading to roof terrace
bathroom detail - walk-in wetroom style shower
Shower with handrail
kitchen (sink high enough for wheelchair users)
electric hob and black marble work surface in kitchen
Breakfast bar in kitchen
outside terrace with dome
European shower chair available for rent for the disabled guest
Front of property - two large bedroom windows
Garden residents and Residence Arabesque
Garden views - peach trees, hibiscus, lantana...
Garden views - date palms, conocarpus, fig...
Winter views from the roof terrace of Residence Arabesque - no clouds in the summer!
Futon style sofabed in living room
Residence Arabesque Map of Dahab - we are only a couple of minutes walk from Dahab Bay.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Redwoods1...
London, United Kingdom
“An oasis of cool and calm in Dahab town”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I've just enjoyed a really pleasant stay at Residence Arabesque apartment. It's a beautiful villa in the heart of the Bedouin village and a real oasis of cool and calm. The styling inside the villa is simple and lovely - I found the living room and bedroom really comfortable and the bathroom and kitchen really clean and in good working order. The bathroom is set up as a wet room to accommodate a wheelchair. The garden is well-tended and I found a small tortoise living there, which was delightful. The roof terrace has great views across the roofs of Dahab out to the sea, and to the Sinai mountains behind. Great for sundowners in the deckchairs provided.

Bettina, the house manager, lives in and is on hand for anything you might need. However, she'd left a 'starter pack' of food and drink so from there I didn't need much at all, as I tended to eat out. There is a Bedouin supermarket just at the end of the road where you can buy all your basics. There's also a handy ATM adjacent to it.

The apartment is a five-minute walk from the seafront and I found the Blue Beach hotel a useful place to lounge, poolside. Great food, too. Be aware that there is a mosque directly outside the villa (I happen to love the sound of the muezzin) and the Bedouin street is filled with goats and small children. If you like to feel as though you're living in a local community, then this is the place for you.

I'd definitely book this apartment again and recommend it to anyone wanting a peaceful stay in Dahab town.

Liked best: Garden/roof terrace
Liked least: Mosque directly opposite
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Large groups People with pets
fractured...
Kawm ad Dahab, Egypt
“I had an accident injuring my hip pretty bad, Residence Arabesque has been instrumental in my recovery and wellbeing”
Reviewed 8 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I love Dahab, this is my 3rd visit and it is a longer trip as I planned a 90 day stay in Egypt. I'm an active guy and came out work on and enjoy making some improvement diving and learning new skills. 2 weeks in to my trip I broke my right leg and had an operation to set it and was told not to put any weight through it for 6 weeks. I was in a lot of pain in hospital and I was feeling pretty apprehensive about how I would manage getting out and about, basically doing things for myself. As soon as I got inside Residence Arabesque my body started to respond by relaxing, pain levels flattened really quick too I only noticed the discreet design considerations and modifications throughout the apartment and garden area on day 2. I was immediately self reliant being able to use the house wheelchair or my own crutches. The beds are perfectly supportive and soft, memory foam has been used on the sofa and pull out futon, I can rest in complete comfort using custom built sturdy coffee tables, thick and heavy bedside tables to push off or lean on as I sit or lie down. The apartment has a rocking chair which helps me keep knee and ankle joints supple, a hammock suspending me less than an inch from the soft stone floor lets me strengthen muscle tone whilst protecting the injury site. I can rest my hip and injured leg comfortably suspended in a deck chair with my toes in between green grass on a mowed lawn area. The detail of this property is comprehensive and intelligently thought out. My body is responding by showing good signs of early recovery thanks to the ergonomics of everything here. My research did not uncover many wheelchair friendly properties in Dahab. This property deserves to win awards the design of Residence Arabesque really works. Thank you

Liked best: Smart Design
Liked least: The idea of giving it up
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Randi L
Dahab, Egypt
“Amazing house”
Reviewed 17 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I have stayed in many different houses/flats in Dahab but this is by far the best. The service, the Arabic styled building, the elegant design inside/outside, the well equipped kitchen, the cleanliness, the comfy bed, the lovely garden, location....I had 2 fab weeks in the Garden Apartment. Also Bron who manages the house is the sweetest. I will come back to this house everytime I go to Dahab.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
People with pets
David C
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful house”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful times trying at Arabesque in Dahab. The ground floor apartment is beautifully laid out and excellent for the accessibility of my wheelchair. A truly relaxing place to spend time and relax. Easy walking distance to local restaurants and cafés on the sea front and the wonderful Bedouin town of Dahab. The kitchen and bathroom are completely accessible with lots of space and ease of access. Would return tomorrow.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxing atmosphere of the house, its ease of use for me and my wheelchair
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
hippyhapp...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“relaxing and perfectly comfortable”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 for a stay in September 2013

The apartment itself has beautiful decor, is clean, comfy and in a great location. The apartment is on a typical bedouin residential street so as soon as you step out of the gates you feel part of the community. The main Bedouin town is a short walk away, as is the beach and full range of sea front restaurants. The trips out of town were easy to arrange and all of our drivers were friendly and helpful. There is a folder left by the owners, with personal recommendations of restaurants and dive centres.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: home from home, peaceful and relaxing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing