“Holiday happiness - beautiful Dahab and it's...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
katie o
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Holiday happiness - beautiful Dahab and it's beautiful people!”
Reviewed 24 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

From the moment I first contacted Fiona I knew that my sister and I would have a fantastic holiday in her beach house. All my questions/concerns were quickly answered and I felt like nothing was too much trouble. I am not sure I can do justice to Dahab, The Beach House or Fiona and the manager Rasha! We were made incredibly welcome, and after the first day we felt very comfortable going to the souk nearby to buy the amazingly fresh produce there.
Every morning was a treat! Waking up to the view of the Red Sea beyond the garden and enjoying our breakfast in the warm sun was wonderful. We felt incredibly relaxed, safe and very very happy!
There are plenty of things to do locally (water sports,camel rides,boat trips etc) and you can contact Rasha to help organise outings. We opted for a gentle sunshine holiday and pottered about Dahab, swam and snorkled, and enjoyed some lovely meals in local restaurants.
It was so hard leaving - I really felt homesick for the place and people for quite some time. I am absolutely certain that we will be going back again (sooner rather than later I hope! and I can't wait! Thank you Fiona, Rasha and the friendly locals for making our holiday such a happy one!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt like a loved and very special home
Liked least: leaving it! And the few mosquito's buzzing around at night - take a deterrent!
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
378Sabine...
Munich, Germany
“We love this place”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Our family of four (children aged 4 and 16 years) had such a wonderful time in the Beach House Dahab and we are sure to return soon.

The house is direct on the beach in the asalah neighbourhood of Dahab.
It is spacious, clean and full equipped. In the private garden you can enjoy the shadow, lie in the hammock, enjoy your barbecue or jump into red sea in front of the door.
In a few minutes walk there are some supermarkets, restaurants, shops and everything you need.
The house owner Fiona gave us a warm welcome and she and Rasha were always available when we needed help.

We would recommend this house to everybody

Many thanks at all

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Intrepid1...
Racine, Wisconsin
“Beauty! And JOY!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

I'm afraid if you know how glorious this is it'll be impossible to get a booking again for next year. The beauty and peace of the place -- and the sea -- will be with me for a long time. We spent a week in Beach House 1 and another in Beach House 2. I wish we'd spent two weeks in each place!

It's not just the sea and the decor that make this a magical place -- it's the people. Fiona is one of the nicest people on earth - and Rasha, the manager, is a human angel! She taught me to make Turkish/Egyptian coffee and brought homemade brown pita made by a dear friend of hers. She and Fiona know all the best places to eat, to walk, to just be.

Dahab itself is filled with kind and good people! It was lovely for us that it wasn't too crowded -- but it's hard on the excellent restaurants and cafes -- political instability has damaged the tourist trade. Dahab is safe! I felt much safer there than I do in Oxford -- or Chicago! And rarely have I ever felt so welcome in a foreign land.

Was this mainly because of the Beach House and Fiona and Rasha? If you go you shall see.

One practical note: the kitchen is marginally better in Beach House 1 and the bathroom is marginally better in Beach House 2. I'm glad we stayed in both!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The way the house takes into account the view of the sea!
Liked least: The high winds -- that's no one's fault.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers
Sid53_11
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A delightful cottage in a superb setting.”
Reviewed 23 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

I spent a week at the Beach House with my 17 year old daughter. We needed a relaxing break and this secured it for us. We loved Dahab, the people are so friendly and we felt very safe at all times. The house has everything you need and more and the manager who is lives down the road is always on hand. She was incredibly helpful and kind to us throughout our stay. I liked the touch of having a local phone with numbers for taxi's etc. This was much appreciated. I will certainly return to Dahab and possibly to the Beach House with more of my family so that we could have both houses and total access to all of the garden and outside facilities. Our next door neighbours did not disturb us at all it just would have added to the experience to have total privacy in the garden.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The wonderful views and the sense of security.
Liked least: Having to share the garden. I knew this of course.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Large groups People with pets
Susan2013...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

The sea at the front of this property is virtually an extension of the front garden. It means that there are fabulous views from the patio and with a few steps you can be snorkelling in a great location. The sea is shallow with lots of sandy areas, making it ideal for children or uncertain swimmers. If you leave the property via the back door you are in the local market in a couple of minutes. You can sit at Ralph's German Bakery with a cake and coffee (try the Honey Latte Macchiato) and watch the local life including camels, goats, dogs and cats. Walking along the beach in one direction takes you to the end of the promenade in a couple of minutes and then there are a multitude of eating places to choose from. Walk the other way and you will probably have the beach to yourself. The owners and housekeeper were delighted to give us all the details we needed to make the most of your holiday and were there to sort out any problems we had, but at the same time always respecting our privacy. The property was so perfect we can't imagine finding anywhere that matches, so we are sure that we will return.

Liked best: location
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
7 Feb 2013
Dear Susan,

Warm greetings from The Beach House and your Dahab friends : )

It's given us all a lovely feeling to receive your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay.

Your feedback is extremely valuable and I would like to thank you sincerely for sharing your experiences, which I'm sure our future guests will find extremely valuable too.

It's wonderful to hear that you found the location to your liking and the house 'so perfect'.

And, that you felt very much looked after while your privacy was also respected.

Your highlighting of the shallow, sandy beach outside being ideal for children or uncertain swimmers I believe will be very reassuring to our future guests.

It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed the great snorkelling there, the beach being just outside and the fabulous views from the patio.

Ralph's bakery will be very pleased to hear that their Honey Latte Macchiato and delicious cakes were very much enjoyed too!

All feedback is always shared with the team, who also wish to extend their appreciations and warm wishes to you and your family.

Each one of us appreciates that our efforts were appreciated so much.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write and share your experiences, and for choosing to stay at The Beach House.

We are delighted to know that you'll be back, and look very much forward to seeing you all happy here once again : )

With warm wishes,
Fiona, Rasha and The Beach House Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing