“A Little Slice of Paradise”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa Tortuga

Patio
Dining Room
Living Room
Kitchen
Dining room and stairs to second floor
Hallway second floor
Master bedroom
Master bedroom
Second bedroom
Bathroom upstairs
Balcony - access from both bedrooms
Balcony with view to garden
Front of house
Location of house in the town (5 min walk from the center)
Location of house (within a walled complex with two other homes) - and a lot of garden space!
Garden and patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Diana J S
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
“A Little Slice of Paradise”
Reviewed 2 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

Villa Tortuga met our expectations and more. The pictures do not do it justice. Perfect place for a couple or small family to stay. It is equipped with everything you need and working with the owner made the rental process a breeze. Easy access to town and the trail to Tortuga Bay.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
IntlTrain...
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent place to stay in Galapagos”
Reviewed 1 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

My father and I went to Galapagos in June for 7 days. I looked at hotels, B&Bs and hostels and nothing seemed to feel quite right - the hotels that got the best reviews were out of my price range and the other alternatives didn't seem very comfortable. I happened to look at rentals on Trip Advisor thinking that there probably wasn't anything in my price range and comfort level. When I saw Villa Tortuga, I knew this was the place for us. It was nice that my father and I each had our own rooms and there was enough space so we weren't bumping into each other.

Tajtana made the process of reserving the villa extremely easy. She arranged for Marco, the taxi driver to pick us up at the ferry as well as the return trip when we left. Maria, the housekeeper, was very nice. She showed us everything and came back once during the week to clean up. There was 5 gallons of fresh water, welcome basket of fruit and a loaf of bread. That came in handy because I caught a stomach bug in Atlanta airport and was sick for a couple of days. My father atleast had something to munch on. Its about a 10 minute walk to downtown and the grocery store. FYI - the main grocery store has really poor produce - I found better produce in the smaller stores.

The house is really, really nice. It is set back in a garden and has a nice patio area. The kitchen is fully equiped and everything is nice a clean. There isn't wifi or TV but there are many dvds to play. There is a washer and dryer which was nice because I was able to wash all of our clothes before we left to go to Quito for a week.

We were very comfortable and it was enjoyable to stay at Villa Tortuga.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having my own room on my vacation - not sharing with my father
Liked least: The neighbor's dogs wouldn't quit barking
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway
1 Jul 2012
Thank you Carol - I am glad you had a nice stay! All the best to you both
JaquicIps...
Ipswich,U.K.
“The house was delightful, the Galapagos magical.”
Reviewed 5 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Villa Tortuga is set in a beautiful tropical garden that is much bigger than the impression given in the photographs. It is spacious,beautifully clean, well presented, and conveniently situated for the trail to Bahia Tortuga, the harbour and the seafront. It is also within a half hour drive of the highlands, the lava tunnels, the giant tortoises at Santa Rosa, and the beach at Garapaterra, and Los Gemelos. I took day trips to the islands of Plaza South, Santa Fe, Isabella, and Bartolome, each one more exciting and stunning than the previous. I was able to see all the flora and fauna described in the books that I obtained before my trip, including pilot whales and Orcas. It is absolutely amazing to snorkel with penguins, sealions and sharks in the same place! It is also astonishing to see pelicans ans sealions queueing at the fishermans wharf for their breakfast! My overall impression of the house was delightful, and of the Galapagos - magical.

Liked best: Everything was fine
Liked least: Everyting was fine
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
BaileyBir...
“This is the way to see the Galapagos”
Reviewed 22 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Villa Tortuga was accommodating, comfortable and well kept. When we arrived on the islands, the directions provided for getting to the ferry were easy and accurate. At the dock we had a can driver prearranged by the property owner to take us to the villa. The entire vacation was stress free and enjoyable. By far one of the most affordable options for staying over on the island, the villa is within walking distance of local restaurants and markets, as well as the tourist areas and numerous travel agencies. We booked all of our excursions and day trips upon arrival and had a very full and affordable vacation. I can't speak highly enough of the property, manager and housekeeper.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size and comfort of the house.
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Feb 2012
Thank you for taking the time the write about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation!
Venezuela
Reviewed 16 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
16 Jan 2012
Thank you for your kind comments Diana, glad you had such a nice time! And thanks for posting the beautiful photos!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;