“An Institution”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We never make a trip to Atlantic City without a stop at the White House Sub Shop. They make their subs on the freshest bread and pile it high with delicious meats. It is best to get it with lettuce, tomato, onion, oil and vinegar, if you really want the taste of a real New Jersey sub. The place is small, so there aren't many tables, but I guarantee you the wait is well worth the reward. The wall is covered with pictures of all the famous people who have enjoyed A White House Sub.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 467)

125 - 129 of 1 467 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Had the Famous Italian, no Cappicola or onions. Sandwich was made properly to order. The gentlemen making the sandwiches were very courteous. Wait staff was adequate. The sandwich was ok. I would recommend visiting, but not "best ever" or anything. Prices very reasonable for the size of the subs.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Reviewed March 8, 2005
Best of the best
Went to Atlantic City last weekend with hubby & wanted to come back with more than empty wallets so I checked for different things and kept getting results w/great reviews of White House Subs so we saved enough from gambling to grab some on the way home. Friendly police from AC gave directions and nobody is exaggerating the subs are fabulous !! Bought 3 large and the kids at home were thrilled and got 2 meals each from them. They want to know when we're going back. Especially loved the pictures, my son was thrilled to know the Beatles were customers back in the day... Great fun and great sandwiches .

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Retro place that’s obviously an institution right in the heart of AC. Subs and were good, but I didn’t get my mind blown or anything... I have to say that I enjoy a Primo sub much better. I also asked for no onions on the Italian, sucks that I got them anyway as those devil vegetables just kill the sandwich for me if I can’t pick them all off! Good reviews about the chicken steak too from my sister.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Heard so much good about this place, couldn’t wait to go. Paid $50 for 2 whole subs and 4 drinks. Server was less than nice, food was not impressive. I’m from Pittsburgh and we have a lot of sub places much tastier than the ones we had there