Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Melisa S
Mar del Plata, Argentina

Good location and prices!

Review of Solymar
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 09 Aug 2015
The hotel is 100 mts from the beach and really close to the main square. "Plaza de los Novios" which is great for the night is also nearby. Rooms are a bit small, toilettes as well. Employees are really helpful! The breakfast is in the restaurant nearby, it is not good at all even though the lady there is terrible kind.
Date of stay: August 2015
Room Tip: No elevator!!!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • Marriott Hotels
    R 3 868
12.2 km from Solymar
View more hotels in Santa Marta
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2015

Well, this is a Hostal for the infraestructure you have there, for the ammenities inside the room.
This is very basic. thats what here in peru we consider a hostal.
But i was very surprised about the staff at the hotel.
They were all very helpfull and as well always having a smile on their faces.
I stayed there just for one night, and move to another hotel the 2nd 3rd and 4rd night of my stay and i was always going there to ask for information, as i said they were always pleased to help me and answer my quesions
The owner of the hotel, he changed me some dollars as i arrived late i didn´t have the option to go and change it in banks. he came from another place and gave a very reasonable exchange rate.
breakfast is served right next door and the restaurant belongs to his brother.
Seems like is family business and i think that is why they were all nice.

They have a very friendly driver working with them. His name is Alan and his phone number for any service you want in town you can ask it at the hotel

Room tip: Tell them to give you the last room in the 3rd floor, the ones at the end of the corridor have the best rooms, with outside window.
Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed in this hostal for one night after moving from a place that was twice the cost. This place was easily more comfortable and represents excellent value for money in Santa Marta, albeit it is a very expensive place by Colombian standards.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Bed was good, bathroom was adequate and the internet works well on every floor. No breakfast included and no pool at this place but for the price you can't go past it from what I've seen around town.

This place is only one block from the beach and one block from the nightlife so it's great. You will be assured a good night's sleep here as there are no late night bars within close range.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed for six nights either side of doing the Lost City trek. The rooms are clean with wifi, aircon and fan, the staff are very friendly and helpful (don't speak English though), it's well located for bars and restaurants, and getting to the little beach in town for some paddling and evening strolling. It is quiet though (good or bad, depending on what you're after) and I didn't meet any other guests at all. Overall good value.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is more of a hotel than a hostel. It's in a a great location, clean, air conditioning, good size rooms and a very helpful staff. I stayed at Solymar as my launch pad/home base for other excursions such as Cabo de la Vela and Parque Tayrona. The staff was very helpful in helping me figure out logistics and letting me leave my luggage with them while I carry a smaller pack on my excursions. They were very helpful prior to my trip and very flexible with my ever changing plans, at the time. They helped arrange for taxi services to and from airport, as well as, for nearby Minca. They also helped with my bus service to Cartagena. I don't speak much Spanish but a language app on my iphone with their trusty wifi worked wonders.

For $30 a night, this was a great option and I would definitely stay there again. To inquire about a reservation, you can email them at: freddy@solymarhostal.com

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was a very nice, clean hotel right by the ocean. There is no breakfast, but there are tons of places in town and on the beach. Our room had airconditioning, TV with many channels and wifi (some rooms get a weaker signal).
Overall, a great way to escape backpackers and stay in a very clean airconditioned room.

Date of stay: July 2013