All reviews safety and security hard beds the hotel offers stayed for nights metro station front desk great location flaws estadio upscale nightlife floor neighborhood city
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. It has a casino inside in a zone called the pink zone where there are a lot of discos and noisy outside. The room was ok but there were no windows for outside so no natural light or no view. The bed was better to sleep on the floor I think. Believe me I like hard beds but this one was impossible to sleep in. Breakfast was a normal average breakfast from any cheaper hotel.
They offered me a welcome cocktail to take on the last floor where there is a great view of the city, however I went there and I asked for a non alcoholic drink and they said the welcome cocktail was only alcoholic, so I left and I gave the ticket to someone else (really you cannot offer a coke????).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ANYILIS A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dorado la 70, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear guest, we regret that you will not enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Our beds are equipped with semi-hard orthopedic mattresses from a certified supplier, however we understand that for some people the perception may be too harsh, for these cases we have Pillows in softer materials that soften and can offer greater comfort, which are requested to our staff
We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again, you will surely have a room with a better view and be able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The service was great, we travelled in a large group and had no problems whatsovever. This is a pretty modern hotel, however there are some flaws because there's a lot of echo, the bedrooms are nice but the beds are way too stiff. Breakfast is included but it could be better. However, the location is amazing and you'll get to experience a great deal of Medellin nightlife with great bars and amazing places to eat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Katia, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to know that I enjoy the good location of our hotel. We care about making your visit a great positive experience, we will take your recommendation into account and we hope you visit us again in future occasions.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms, with A/C, and modern appointments. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. My room came with breakfast which was good. Good location with many restaurants to choose from. Major shopping mall (and the zoo) is a 5 minute taxi ride. The Metro is a 10 minute walk away.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Sara M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dorado la 70, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you very much to less us know how was your experience, for us is really important your opinion because that will help us to improve and always give the best attention to our costumers, we hope to have you again in our hotel in another opportunity.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

If you want to be a part of the nightly party that happens in Medellin, this is a great place to launch from. Step outside the hotel doors and you are in the middle of a 6-7 block party that apparently happens every night. We were here 3 nights and every night was the same, although Saturday night seemed wilder. Unfortunately, we are not the partying type, so while we enjoyed the nightly happenings through dinner time, the party until 4 am kept us up even though our rooms have soundproof windows. We knew the hotel was 100% booked so didn't bother requesting a change of room. The staff was friendly and helpful, but I do speak Spanish so that may have helped. I would not stay again because I need quiet to sleep, but for younger folks with an interest in diving into the party culture, this is an excellent place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel. Our faced the street and noise kept us up all night
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Sara M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dorado la 70, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

thank you so much to give us your feedback, for us is good to know about the client's experiences because that help us to improve our service

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I thought the hotel was excellent. Well staffed with friendly helpful people. Included breakfast was reasonable (always had hot eggs and meat of some sort plus the other usuals (including very fine Colombian coffee.)) The elevators to the rooms and terrace level were quick. The rooms are not giant but not as tiny as a Holiday Inn express size room. The beds are very firm, which I like but others may not. The floors were marble and not carpeted. Bathroom was large and shower was very large (tiled vs marble). The storage racks were not to my liking (I like furniture) but they do work. The AC is a mini split and quiet. I had an inside room so I did not have much if any street noise. And what a street. The Hotel is on La 70 a long stretch of restaurants and bars that has an extraordinary amount of life to it. It was fantastic to step out the door and find a number of places to eat local and some international cuisine. Prices for these meals range for dirt cheap to reasonable. Two blocks away is the Estadio Metro terminal. Life could not be easier.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quiet, outside rooms higher up have a great balcony with a view but will be noisy
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Sara M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dorado la 70, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are very glad that you had a good visit to our city.
We hope to have you again with us.