“Lovely museum cafe--great outdoor spcace”
Review of Cafe Botero

Cafe Botero
Ranked #205 of 1 447 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is a very nice museum cafe that is part of the Museo de Antioquia (which is well worth a visit). I just had a cup of coffee and chocolate cake--both were delicious. I sat outdoors on the veranda that offers great views of the Plaza Botero--just a great place to sit and watch the activity on the square.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Ceviche is a shrimp salsa mix.. the chicken sandwich is not so great tasting molten cheese .. maybe not the best thing to order here but certainly no positive surprise.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I’m not sure this is the official name of the restaurant, but it is very good. First of all, the service and our server were first rate. My husband shared a empanada appetizer which was very good. My husband had what I would have called chicken Kiev, but it was called something else on the menu. He loved it. Said the chicken was very tender and not dry. I had French onion soup which is some of the best I have ever had, even in France (don’t tell any French people I said that). Besides the food, the ambiance is worth the trip. It is a really nice place to take a break while looking out at Botero Plaza. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The location is fantastic. It's all downhill from there. Bad service, bad coffee, terrible price. I can only recommend it if you really, really, really want to sit down.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

During the museum visit, I stoped for a snack in the Cafe Botero; for a cafe is missing more options for small snacks, cakes and "cafes" things. But if you sit outside, can admire the Botoro sculptures at the plaza.