“Best pizza ever!”

Ranked #166 of 1 536 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I'm Italian and I'm always really skeptical about eating a pizza overseas. We ordered prosciutto and rocket and a pepperoni pizza, and both were amazing! The dough is so good, exactly how is made at home, there is so much love in the food preparation!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Husband and I thought we'd enjoy some pasta/ensalada and vino tinto (excited for first meal in Medellin!) ...All was well until I realized that every local's glass of vino tinto was much larger - no different glass sizing specified on the menu...so all I can assume is that locals get what they pay for and touristas get screwed.

First/last time @ Opera. No repeat performance!!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I went to Opera once and got hooked. Food was so good that I went back another two times in the following week.
I haven't tried the pizzas yet. I've had twice the Pasta alla Matriciana, once cooked with spaghetti, another time with penne. This was one of the best Matriciana sauce I ever had in my life, including Matricianas done in Italy, which is where I'm from!
Tried the Lasagne and they were absolutely gorgeous too!
The Italian Chef, Francesco Scaramella, as I was introduced to him last night has mentioned decades of experience in the Italian restaurant business. No wonder he has turned Opera into one of the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten abroad (outside Italy). Absolutely top notch, highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Spaghetti a la putanesca has been a favorite of mine for many years but La Opera is the only place in Laureles I saw it on the menu. It was mediocre at best; near the bottom of the list of all the previous times I've had the dish. It wasn't al dente. It's a dish that ought to be served piping hot but mine wasn't. It couldn't have been prepared by an Italian.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Each of us had a bowl of pasta, which was filling and tasty. Service was a bit slow and the chairs were uncomfortable.