All reviews rooftop pool donde fidel gorgeous rooftop welcome cocktail perfect respite boutique hotel old city walled city room was large highly recommend this hotel safe location great hotel breakfast service great ac the location is perfect pleasant stay breakfast was included
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Wonderful service from the staff. I want to particularly commend Maryuris, Andrés, Pedro Nel, and Jan (?sp). Really top-notch. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and memorable. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and safe. Only downside was cold showers. Breakfast was substantial and delicious. Excellent service at the restaurant. Amazing piña colada at the rooftop bar. I recommend highly and would definitely return.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Great location and very good room (202). If we had not prepaid for the whole stay, we will have changed. We should have known as the car driver had to ask for where this hotel was many times. We thought we were in the wrong hotel. CAUTION: Anyone with animal allergies, do not stay in this hotel as they have cats running around in hallways, on top of front desk and on table in restaurant. They even get into elevator. The lobby is almost non-existent. The so-called “library” next door was being used by staff for their meetings. The restaurant has the most terrible breakfast with terrible coffee. Twice I went outside and got coffee from Juan Valdez coffee shop. Last day, I took a chance to order espresso and had to pay for it even though breakfast was included in the room rate. I tried the pool side and waited 2 hours without any bartender. There was apparently only one person (Andres) working in the hotel. The vulture was taking bath in the pool. Never got that welcome drink! Folks, there are many nicer hotels in Cartagena so save yourself the trouble. Taxis are only US$ 3 per ride so stay in other nicer hotels and take the taxi to Walled City. I usually write very nice reviews but I am writing this to make the guests beware. Besides the room, Andres the front desk person, concierge, bartender was the nice surprise. We would love to get back to the city but will stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 362anwarc
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The staff was gracious, the rooftop pool and bar relaxing (although shallow), the breakfast yummy, and the room clean and comfortable. The location was central to everything, and the staff was great about answering all questions - they spoke enough English to make it work. We stayed there with friends and there were plenty of places to gather and enjoy each others' company. I would love to return.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Hotel was clean, modern, and comfortable. The staff was amazingly helpful and sweet. Also, Clemente is a delight...I wanted to take him home with me. The welcome drink is delicious. The pool area is relaxing and gorgeous.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had an amazing stay at Sophia! Staff was great and attentive! the accommodations, ambiance and location cannot be beatt! Highly recommend this hotel and will be back for sure! Easy to go on day trips form here and walk around to go exploring!

Date of stay: March 2018