“Worst food in cartagena”
Review of El Pulpito Gourmet

El Pulpito Gourmet
Ranked #219 of 870 Restaurants in Cartagena
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Seafood Lounge in a historical Place.
Description: Seafood Lounge in a historical Place.
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Only reason it got one star is I don’t think u could give a zero star!

Starter (crab ceviche) came out& it was Grey & “off”. Sent back & my next choice (what my g/f was eating) not available! Then the 2 main courses came out & were horrible! Mine ( a fish dish) was Grey & old & my g/f was sick from her fish dish!!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant looks very inviting and i was so tempted to have ceviche there after reading all the great reviews on trip advisor. The food looked fresh and beautifully prepared but unfortunately gave me the worst food poisoning ever. I don't think i will ever look at seafood again. I know that many people had a great experience with this restaurant so i guess i was just unlucky. I was so sick that spent 2 days sick in bed just sleeping and not even being able to do simple things like reading a book or even browsing my phone.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Well we had a rough start trying to match the wines available with the prices. The wines in the menu were not available and the ones available are not on the menu....
We finally found a match and got to the real business we came for: The Octopus!
We had the octopus fine herbs and the Seafood pot.
Hmmm they were not bad but we were expecting them to be better. The octopus lacked a bit on taste and presentation while the “cazuela” was a bit too soft on the taste and we felt a bit too much thickener on it.
It was a good meal but far from the high quality stuff you can get around. A solid 3 but a bit too far from a four.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Very good nice site.
Good music too... right place to share with friends.
Meals are delicious but a little bit small... I now It's a gourmet place!
Good value balance.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Tiny portions, expensive and bad service.

Unfortunately, the first time in Columbia, I rejected to pay the voluntary tip.