Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$79
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$243
NH Cartagena Urban Royal(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$139
US$397
US$207
US$158
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Allure Bonbon Hotel, by Karisma(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$139
Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$209
Playa Club Hotel(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$97
US$731
  • Pool
US$436
Reviews (1 750)
1 750 results
All reviewshhonors memberfloor lobbywalled citytop floorrooftop poolboca grandeblackout curtainshalf blockbusiness travelold cityfront desk agentcomplimentary breakfastthe room was niceearly checkbocagrande areayogurtrecommend this hotel to anyone
9 - 14 of 1 750 reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Good location hotel and easy to find. Very close to the beach and some ok restaurants. The rooftop bar is fine for what it is but limited in choice, though the pool is nice. Rooms are standard, neither good or bad. Early check in was a bonus. Breakfast was fine.

Stayed: May 2018
Maria Elsa A, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Daran71;

Thank you for your your possitive feeback in all the ways. I regret that the rating does not relate to your important comments, eventhoug we appreciate your comments to continue improving in the satisfaction of our guets.

Hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Terrible stay, noi.se coming from top floor and hotel did nothing to resolve in 4 night stay. The sent several employees, they all heard the noise and could not explain it. All of them said they would get back to me to resolve this issue and never did. All the people in the front desk knew about it and did nothing.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Maria Elsa A, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Dianeshydtown;

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not leave our hotel 100% satisfied. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical situation in our rooms, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer service an facilities. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

At Hampton, we love having you here!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

This hotel is pretty good, great location and for the prices really good. Internet was good in the room. Breakfast was ok not the best but is free so can’t really do much about that. Would stay there.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Maria Elsa A, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear elrafydd15;
Thank you for your possitive feedback regarding to our services and facilities. Hope you had s safe return at home.

Have a nice day !!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

As a Lifetime Diamond member (with over 1200 nights worldwide), I booked a 2 night stay on Hilton points (40,000 points for the entire 2 night stay). I knew Hampton was a lower end property but we chose it for the location because the location of the Conrad was too far away and we did not want to stay at the Hilton due to the age of that property. The Hampton is 5 years old but it seems the entire place is falling apart.

We were given Room 1511. This was not an upgraded room. The only thing extra I received was a fruit plate.

Upon checking in, we noticed it was extremely warm. We were told the A/C was not working for the entire building but that it would be fixed at 3 pm. We checked in before 2 and was given our room. Since it was so hot in the room, we went out to lunch. We got back at 3 and the A/C was still not working. So I called the Front Desk and they said it would be fixed at 3:30 pm. I was really worried the A/C would not be fixed and I would need to switch hotels. It is extremely hot and humid in Cartagena. However, we left to go to the Old Town and by the time we returned in the evening, it was fixed.

From the Cartagena airport, there is a Taxi Line. You go to the counter and you give them your destination and they give you a slip of paper with a price. The fare was 19,000 pesos.

From the taxi line outside the hotel to return to the airport, we paid 18,000 pesos. This is the set price.

Outside the hotel, there is a Taxi Line. We took a taxi from the hotel to Old Town for 7,000 pesos. I tried to call an Uber but there are very few Uber around and a couple of times, the driver would pick up my fare and then cancel after I waited 20 minutes. And most of the time, the wait is really long for the Uber to arrive. However, Uber was always less than a taxi. For example, one night, we went to Old Town and after dinner, we asked how much a taxi was to return to the hotel and it was 10,000 pesos. So we called an Uber and it was less than 5,000 pesos. Another time, during the day, a taxi wanted 12,000 pesos. 4,000 pesos is not much to us as tourists but we do not like the idea of getting gouged while visiting a country. The purpose of our visit is to spend money in the country but don't take me for a fool.

Also, we noticed the T103 bus in the Old Town and Bocagrande but we did not do any research on the stops. It appears you could take that bus between the two areas.

WIFI was complimentary and it was decent.

A few things made our stay poor.
1) The A/C wasn't apologized for and it never gets really cold when it was "fixed".
2) The water in shower would not drain in our room. I told the Front Desk after 1 night and it was never fixed. I would have to turn off the water in the middle of my shower twice so the water could drain and then restart the water again. I felt like I was staying at some motel.
3) The shower door would not close. I also told the Front Desk after 1 night and it was never fixed.
4) There seems to be a lack of towels. When we checked in, there was just 1 medium size towel in our room. Since housekeeping was outside, I got 2 more. The 2nd day, we declined to have our room cleaned but I wanted new towels. She was reluctant to give me towels. Come on. This is a hotel. Buy some towels.
5) On our last night, we noticed the water leaked from the hand faucet to the floor.
6) The bed is small and the sheets are rough.
7) During the day, you cannot even get a free cup of coffee in the lobby like you can at Hamptons in the States.

Upon check out, I told them again about the shower. The person checking me out said "OK".

As for the location, expect to pay twice as much to get back to the hotel if you take a taxi and be prepared to be ripped off by the taxis. There are however, plenty of restaurants around the hotel so don't feel the need to go to the Old Town for dinner.

Based on this experience, in the future we will be avoiding Hampton properties.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PandaHouston
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I chose this hotel due to location. It was my first time here with my daughter. The staff was wonderful and special thanks to Luis, who made sure our check in went smoothly. The location is really great, you can walk around the area and shop, go to the beach and if your a walker, its a 20 minute scenic ocean walk to the amazing Walled City! We stayed on the fifteenth floor which was great since the lobby was on the sixteenth floor. I enjoyed the fitness center which is more than adequately equipped. Breakfast was terrific and even though the rooms are rather on the small side, they were very clean and bed was very comfortable. Since i am a hilton honors member, the tax for our stay was removed which was a lovely surprise. There is a taxi stand directly out front which was also very convenient. I would definitely stay here again and i'd love to come back!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Maria Elsa A, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Isla M;

Thank you for your feedback , We are happy you were satisfied with our general service. Hope to seee you in a near future.

Have a nice day !!!