“Great place to stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
POOL OVER LOOKING THE BEACH GYM
BEDROOM NO.1
BATHROOM NO.1
BATHROOM NO.1
BEDROOM NO.2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SBB214
Niceville, Florida
“Beware! Untrustworthy company!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

This building is also listed as Palmetto Apartments and Edificio Palmetto. My three girlfriends and I, who are all adult professionals, stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We arranged this through a woman named Gloria Feldman on Air BnB, and her business associate named Karina. There were some problems with the apartment (hot water wasn't hot, the maid didn't come one day, there was only one set of keys for the four of us, rat/mouse poop on the counter, all the blinds were broken so we couldn't rest during the day with the sun coming in, broken drawer and cabinet in the bedroom, extra 'resort fee' upon entry, etc.). We reported these things to Air BnB, along with the good things (good location, nice pool, etc.). After the editing period closed, Gloria and Karina demanded our $250 security deposit to pay for the already broken cabinet door. I suspect this is a scam that these owners run on renters, especially those from out of the country. They manage several condos in the Cartagena/Bocagrande area, so beware!! They are not to be trusted!!

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Friends
25 Jul 2014
I am the owner of this apartment and not a company. You had my phone number and email and you were told that you could contact me at any time with your questions or concerns. I don't have any other listings under Palmetto Apartments or Edificio Palmetto as you suggested.
I published my apartment with flipkey under the name "Cartagena Ya!!!!!!Beach Front Condo" and also with airbnb under the same name.
I had rented the apartment to you over the memorial day weekend through AirBnB and you gave a favorable review.
The manager or administrator of my apartment, whose name is Karina, does manage other apartments in the building. After you had left I was informed of a broken lock by the administrator. It appeared from photographs it was forced open. This is a closet where personal items such as towels and sheets are kept and it happened during your stay.
The damage was reported to airbnb with the proper proof that they required and after you found out the charges for fixing the door you decided to turn your review around and make very negative remarks that only damage our good reputation. Any complaints that you had during your stay should have been addressed to the administration and they would have taken care of it promptly.
We have worked with hundreds of guests who have nothing but great things to say about the apartment and for the building administration and know that we are responsible and deliver what we advertise and always make their stay the best possible.
It is unfortunate that you feel this way when you refer to us as operating a scam business. I want to make clear that we are very responsible and serious vacation home owners who also deliver what we offer and under no situation will allow for anybody to damage our reputation just for being upset about having to pay some damages done to the apartment.
MN

person found this review helpful

Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
3 Jun 2013
I am so glad you had a great time in my apartment in Cartagena and I will be happy to have you back any time.
I look forward to having your brother and other friends stay in my apartment also.
I took care of the toilet paper issue and it won't be a problem in the future.
Best Regards,
Gloria
mirtha425
New York City, New York
“can't beleive pictures”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

the apartment was advertised as luxury building and condo, there was nothing luxury about it. After going through 2 sets of security stations, we were shown the apartment by the taxi driver who was an employee of the management. The apartment was all dusty, the furniture broken down, the mattresses were 1" thick, the sheets and towels were so worn out that they were almost translucent and rough, the silverware was rusted and kitchen cabinets off hinges and one was padlocked???the balcony(very small) had a plastic white table a 4 chairs that had never been cleaned - it was very grimy YUCK!
The driver told us that his management really did not take care of this apartment, that they were just handling keys for the owner of the unit. He showed us another unit in the building, managed by his company, and said that he just wanted us to know that their apartments were nicely kept - it was true- everything was pristine on that unit, unfortunately it was not available to us. Needless to say, we did not stay in the unit.The owner "Gloria" refused to reimburse us and said we were to picky, she did not even had the courtesy to answer our e-mail. We had to scrambled to get a hotel room at 10pm.
The pictures on the internet are probably from the time the apartment was new which is no longer the case.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: there was nothing I liked with regards to this unit.
Liked least: the sour taste it has left in my mouth
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 May 2013
First of all you were given the opportunity to post 2 reviews on my apartment which is supposed to be against Flipkey guidelines. But since they allowed it I will respond in the same way I did on the other review you submitted.
In regards to “can’t believe pictures”, the pictures are updated when new decorations or furniture are added. The pictures you saw were added in the past six months. After you reviewed the pictures and before you made the reservation you said:
“Hi saw your place and it looks great. We are 3 adults from NYC married couple and female friend. We are coming to Colombia for 11 days and starting in Bogata then to Cartagena. We would like to stay at your place it looks ideal for us. Thanks Todd Byrnes”.

We are not the Hilton or some other high end hotel, we offer a very comfortable and clean apartment where you can relax and enjoy your stay. The security gates are provided for your safety. It prevents people from just walking in off the street who don’t belong there.

You had requested transportation from the airport and we provided that for you. Since we accommodate guests arriving at all hours and you arrived late that night the daytime administrator was not there. The taxi driver who is also an employee of the building was just as capable as any other employee to show you to your apartment.

By your own admission you were only there 10 minutes. It is hard for me or anyone else to believe you were able to check for dust, check all the furniture, look at the towels and sheets and go through the silverware and whatever else you looked at in that short period of time. By the way the padlock on the cabinets is where I keep the extra sheets and towels which are refreshed on a daily basis. The statement regarding what the driver told you saying that the management doesn’t take care of my apartment is absolutely absurd. The same people who clean the other apartments also clean my apartment.

Every effort was made to accommodate you but your negative attitude toward the staff and the apartment wouldn’t let that happen. If I were a traveler looking for a place in Cartagena and came across my apartment and read your review and then read all the other positive reviews I would have to believe there was some other reason for this guest to be so negative. The comments that you made in this review and the previous one have no validity what so ever.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing