“Beautiful house, great location, lovely people”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Hotel Santa Clara
Palacio de la Inquisicion
Convento de la Popa
Las Banderas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
LondonVP
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house, great location, lovely people”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Marcus, the owner, had done up an old house in the great quarter of Getsemani. The attention to detail is wonderful with beautiful materials, and artefacts from his travels decorating the rooms. The three bedrooms my friends and I stayed in were all lovely, often with courtyards just outside, beautiful bathrooms, comfortable beds, and great air-con. One room was up a very sweet spiral staircase. The breakfasts, which are included, were wonderful. Marcus couldn't be more helpful. I, personally, would always prefer to stay in Getsemani rather than the historic centre (which is an easy walk away), there are locals in the squares and much better bars! It was a wonderful stay.

Travelling group: Friends
Alyssa A
San Francisco, California
“Cozy Bed and Breakfast with amazing family hospitality.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I had a late arrival to this B&B and despite my exhaustion and annoyance from the late night commute, Marcus' exceptionally warm welcome and hospitality was the highlight of my evening. He gave us the full tour, which surpassed my expectations of what I thought the ammenities would include. Great location as well with tons of mom and pop food options and bars in the surrounding area.

In my 10 day stay in Colombia, I had my best night of sleep at this B&B since the bed and linen were amazingly comfy and of high quality.

I woke up to fresh squeezed passion fruit juice, coffeee, fresh fruit and the best egg scramble. Their free roaming pet turtle was a nice touch to my morning as well.

If i come back to Caratenga HANDS DOWN..I will be returning for a longer stay.

Thanks Marcus!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bed and Linen
Liked least: Mosquitos!- But provided a bug deterrant for the room.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
FL
Reviewed 2 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
RiaLove
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Home away from home but better!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Marcus was extremely helpful. We would've been clueless & lost if it weren't for him. The rooms were clean, organized & comfy. The staff were so friendly & consistent. The air conditioning in the room was awesome & the wifi was convenient. Breakfast was delicious! Jacuzzi on the roof & the 2 cool tortoises in the courtyard were a plus. The guesthouse was close to everything so it was easy to find our way around. I felt safe & comfortable at Les Lezards. Don't stay anywhere else in Cartagena!

Value Location
jalexande...
New Haven, Connecticut
“spectacular”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

Marcus was warm and welcoming from the minute we stepped into the bed and breakfast. He gave us a map of Cartagena and pointed out areas of interest as well as restaurants. We had our own air conditioned bedroom and bathroom and we ate breakfast with the different house guests every morning, His staff is excellent and were very helpful (they only spoke spanish so with the little spanish we knew, we got by, mostly with smiles). Although the kitchen was for the staff, he allowed us to leave things in the fridge and use whatever we needed. He went by the motto of "whats mine is yours." Besides the bedroom and the kitchen area, there was a sitting room in the entrance to the bed and breakfast and 2 decks above that contained a hot tub and seating areas. Surrounded by plants, 2 turtles and a cat, it was an excellent vacation spot.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing