“Excellent accommodations, host, location and staff”
other travellers have booked this property
casa cartagena 2 027
DSC02420.JPG
DSC02417.JPG
DSC02385.JPG
Master Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Constena
Austin, TX
“Excellent accommodations, host, location and staff”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Posada Real for 3 days along with another family with young children and could not have been more pleased. The photos of the house are stunning but honestly don't do the house justice. The house was very spacious, comfortable and meticulously cared for Alan and Raymond made sure that we felt comfortable and at ease. The location was on a very quiet street but near the Exito supermarket as well as several very good restaurants and local vendors. We were blocks away from all of the historic sights and had an excellent rooftop view of el Catedral, La Popa, el Castillo de San Felipe, etc. Alan helped me figure out how whether or not I should use an international plan on my iPhone or buy a local cell phone which I ended up buying at Exito supermarket. He knows all of the restaurants and was able to make recommendations based on what our group was interested in. He even made a dinner reservation for our group of 8 and even went as far as walking us part of the way there to make sure we got there ok at night. Alan even gave us walking directions to el Castillo de San Felipe and walked us part of the way there. I can't say enough about the level of service, the friendly and genuine care that Alan and Raymond took in making sure that our stay was perfect. Our 4 children were fascinated by the 2 macaws that lived on premise and even picked fresh mangos for us from the organic mango tree over the pool. If I wanted a certain food that I remembered from my last trip to Cartagena he not only knew where to get it but how much it should cost and how to ask for it. For example, when I asked where I could buy queso costeno he sent me with instructions to buy some with "reduced salt" because the store was known to over salt their cheese that didn't have that label and it was PERFECT! The pool was nice for us and our kids and helped us cool off after exploring the city on a hot afternoon. Our stay was absolutely delightful and we will definitely return to Posada Real for our next visit. Thank you Alan and Raymond for welcoming us and our friends and treating us like family during our stay!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and architectural interest of the property
Liked least: That we didn't use the sitting room as much and that I didn't take more photos!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
mickweeks
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Could not have asked for a better experience!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We can't say enough about how great our stay was at Posada Real. From the beginning when Alàn met us at the airport we suspected we had made the right choice- when we arrived and saw where our family (two adults and kids ages 10 & 21 months) would be spending our first visit to Cartagena we knew we had. We were joined by another couple with their two kids (11 & 13). The kids loved the pool and running up and down the stairs. The adults loved that the pool entertained the kids and that everything else was taken care of by Lilly, Raymond & Alàn. We were free to enjoy ourselves and relax in the beautiful surroundings.

The location was also wonderful and afforded easy access to the amazing walled city area and surrounding attractions. Getting around on foot or via taxi was simple and made even easier with the assistance afforded by Alàn. Also, being next door to a stellar restaurant and around the corner from a supermarket was very convenient. There were also many other great food options within easy walking distance and Alàn was more than willing to guide us.

Overall we were thrilled with the accommodations, service, and location. We would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to friends.

Travelling group: Young Children
Kurt2121
Chicago, Illinois
“The house is prefect and the host is better”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I have honestly lost track of how many times I have returned to this wonder house and more importantly this Host. One thing, I can tell you, I will definitely return again and again. My apologies to Alan (the best host in Cartagena) for not having written a review for his beautiful home in the past.
The Home, as others have described, is perfectly maintained and very clean, in the best location of the city and more than comfortable for a mid size group. It has a very well appointed and spacious master suite along with three other equal suites that have either a queen or two twin beds in them. All suites have a private baths, ceiling fans and air conditioning (a must in Cartagena). The house will not disappoint even the most sophisticated traveler.
But what really sets this House head and shoulders above any other I have stayed at in Cartagena is Alan and his carefully selected staff. There is not one request that will go unfulfilled. Let me give you a few examples.
It will start when you arrive at his door. He will be there to greet you and if the Taxi guy is asking for an unreasonable fare, he will step in and set the guy straight. This goes with everything, from changing money to beers on the beach. Alan watches your money like it is his own. He will not let anyone take advantage of you. A nice feeling when you are in a new place.
Want a stick of gum or a cold coke at three in the morning? He will send Raymond (a great new addition to his team) out for you. Really, any request you have he or his staff are there, 24/7.
My personal favorite is a certain soup that the Colombians make for breakfast. It’s a beef broth; I wish I could remember its name. Just ask him for the soup Kurt likes and he will know. Nowhere in your rental agreement does it say he has to get up a couple of hours early in the morning and slow cook this soup meat so that when I wake up its hot and ready to serve, But that is the type of Host he is. Over the top!
If your new to the city and want some direction and where to go or what to see. If you want, he take you, sit with you, eat with you, have beer, and you will enjoy the true friendship he brings along. Really, he will stop his day to make certain you are comfortable in his adopted city. Just want to be pointed in the right direction he will do that as well. He will make the trip anyway you want it and change mid stream if you want that also.
I phone breaks on the trip? He knows a guy. Need a last minute boat for the islands? He knows a guy. Want pistachio ice cream? He knows a guy. And best of all he never takes advantage of you or your hard earned cash. Beyond fair in every dealing.
Please do yourself a favor and go and enjoy a unequaled experience in this beautiful home and with this great host and what will become your new friend Alan and staff

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Management Response
16 Jun 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Property our guest needs are at the center of everything ,thank you again for giving us the opportunity to host you so many times we look forward to welcoming you soon again.
Best,
Abe A
“Third Time staying here - best place in Cartagena”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I have been to cartagena three times in the last three years, and all three times I have stayed here. I will definitely stay here again when I return.

The place is amazing. the pictures dont do justice. everything that you need is also nearby. Alan (the owner) is also great and a big reason why we return back to his place every time - he ensures you have everything that you need and more importantly, he looks out for you and your safety. Charlie/Raymond (the helpers) were also amazing and helped us out a lot whenever we asked.

If you going to cartagena, definitely stay here!

Travelling group: Friends
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Liked best: the patio
Liked least: that my stay was not longer
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing