“Charming coffeeshop in a bookshop (for Spanish readers)”

Abaco Libros y Cafe
Ranked #2 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Cartagena
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Description: An emblematic site in Cartagena, a space dedicated to literature adorned with our exclusive radio dedicated to jazz (recognized worldwide) and where you can enjoy good coffee and good wine.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The mix of a coffeeshop and a bookshop is actually quite refreshing for Cartagena, where you actually don't see that much books neither bookshops...

The coffee is OK (not anything special) but the place is really nice: in terms of choice of books in Spanish, it may be one of the most interesting and complete place you can find in the all city.

In addition, it's quiet so it offers a relief from the usual agitation in the street (reggaeton and people always trying to sell you some stuff).

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I had a coffe there while looking for a book. I eventually found an interesting book to read (they have quite a few...), but I didn’t like the cold temperature (AC was too strong) and the coffee itself. The venue itself looks very good (furniture included). I’ll be back if I’m in Cartagena again and I’m looking for a book!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I did not eat anything but had a chance to buy a few books. Very helpful staff, gave me lots of good suggestions about which local authors are interesting. Will definitely go back for an afternoon coffee and a book next time I am in Cartagena

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

At first it looked like a library but then we noticed coffee menus. These guys really respect coffee. We had a latte and a cappuccino. Both were delicious and perfectly made. Hubby had the banana cake. They have a gorgeous cold brew iced coffee machine slowly dripping delicious sweet cold brew coffee. They very generously offered a sample of it as I was asking questions about it. They are a beautiful oasis from the heat and noise on the street.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This is a cool coffee shop in a book store. There were locals as well as (few) tourists. It's not a big place, only has a couple of tables. Coffee and torta de banana was good! Friendly staff as well.