All reviews no hot water air conditioning walled city juice and coffee old city walking distance would definitely stay here again clean rooms excellent location wifi getsemani cereal taxi balconies
Reviewed 2 February 2018

A bit surprised to not find hot water. The side of the hotel is on a very busy street with blaring music playing until midnight from different locations outside. My first night there, I was shocked at the noise but believe it was a bunch of drunks just across the street. The hotel itself was ok and there was one staff who spoke English so that was helpful. Breakfast was quite good with lots of variety, but the restaurant is not a place with any atmosphere for other meals. One very good thing is that it is a very short walk to the walled city and you are very near the neighbourhood Getsimani.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room, if they have such a thing
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Our amazing experience at the San Felipe hotel started immediately. Our flight arrived really early in the morning but we went straight to the hotel to check in. Amazingly they had a room available for us and gave it to us right away. We were so grateful. The rooms were large, linens were clean and the new flat screen tv's had channels in both Spanish and English. There was lots to chose from at the breakfast. Fruit, eggs, arepas, pancakes, breads and buns, cereal and fresh fruit juice and coffee. The wifi didn't work at first, but later on it worked really well for the remainder of our stay. It is close to the touristy areas and so there is a lot of hustle and bustle outside. It was a little loud at times but we still managed to get a great night sleep every night (although that might be due to the excellent working air conditioning). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay within walking distance to the walled city.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cfbook
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Staff were super friendly! We stayed here for 5 days and I thought it was great for our budget. Perfect location, just outside of the city walls, so you can enjoy both the center and Getsemaní. Clean rooms, air conditioning, breakfast to start your day off right.
I will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the side fourth floor, we could see the cathedral roofs!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is clean, the air-con works, the towels are soft, and it's centrally located yet quiet. But something about it really gave me the creeps-I think it was the lighting and the complete lack of ambience. My boyfriend and I referred to it as the "psychiatric hospital." I couldn't wait to leave. Also, there was a strange smell in the room. That said if you're not sensitive to ambience it is a comfortable, convenient place to stay.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This is one of those great for the money scenarios. The staff goes way out of their way to help you. Don't hesitate to book a tour with them, the price is better than the street or web.

The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good with fruit, eggs, breads, and cereal available daily. The walled city is a short walk and the beach is a short and inexpensive cab ride away.

The only downside which I fail to see as a big downside in a hot city is there isn't hot water. Check your expectations and you will have a great experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends