All reviews chengdu city meeting room pizza hut ihg hotels chunxi road breakfast buffet shopping street the location is perfect rooms are small platinum member spent two nights bit dated laundry service nice room tianfu square business hotel chinese restaurant
Reviewed 20 August 2015

First given room 1017- an unloved "older room" which was in need of up-dating. Terrible smell disguised by pine and lemon air-freshener which wore off. When I rang down to complain, the staff immediately accepted the room was sub-standard and moved us to a higher floor, which had been subject to up-grading. Housekeeping failed to clean room and when we returned from a 14 hour trip, we were told that this was our "fault" as there was a "do not disturb sign" for our room!
Do not stay here there are better hotels in this City.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2015

Dear Frequent Traveler

I was sorry to read your experience in the hotel concerning the room move from one of our older rooms and that the new room was not serviced due to the do not disturb sign being on the door. I will share your dissatisfaction concerning this point.
The rooms on the lower floors are scheduled for refurbishment this year and I do hope we may have another opportunity to regain your goodwill, do let me know if you plan a return visit to the city.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Overall my comments for the stay in July 15 was good. A very lordly main entrance with a fountain and traditional grand lobby (regular in China). Room size was decent - big enough for two persons and the interior design of living room was modern however it seem quite old style of the bathroom. Carpet in the corridor was sloppy and damp. Breakfast was good and highly recommend. Hotel location is really a central of the city and easy to go to the shopping area & food street.

Dear W C

Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us in July..
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and the location of the hotel.
I do hope you had an enjoyable visit of the city and that we can welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Arrived at this hotel with a very sick child, to find that our room wasn't ready. They made us wait 1hour in their impressive foyer and told us that they would upgrade us because of the inconvenience. Having seen the approach to the hotel and foyer we thought it would be worth it as it was all very plush and opulent. When they took us to our room we were very shocked, if this was an upgrade then we don't even think we could have fitted in the original room.
The room was tiny, it only just fitted in three beds, we had to balance a suitcase on the window sill and another on the desk as there was no floor space. The bathroom had a tiny, shallow, low bath in and the plug didn't work in the sink. The whole room smelt damp as did the corridor and the carpet was filthy.
This said, they did provide an excellent breakfast and also a wheelchair for our son.
Unfortunately I can't comment on the other facilities as we weren't able to use them due to our son being sick.

Room tip: Check out what kind of room you are getting before you book.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Dear Kirsten L

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope now that your child has recovered.
I was sorry to read your feedback concerning the room allocated to you, an upgrade to a
larger studio room would have made you more comfortable and I will remind our Front Office
team to ensure our guests and families are made as comfortable as possible.
I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and hope the visit to the city went well.

Do let me know if you are returning to Chengdu and I will ensure a better room experience is
blocked for you.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

The best feature of the hotel would be it's location. Shopping, western food choices and Starbucks all within 3-15 minute walking distance. The hotel itself is certainly not above 3 star from a western perspective. The level of English is poor, the rooms are small and the amenities are just standard. As with most Chinese hotels, you must specifically point out that you want a nonsmoking room. And even then it will probably have been smoked in. At this hotel, I would recommend asking by for a room on the higher floor and at the back of the hotel. The front is very noisy with street traffic. I have to disagree with other reviews that said the beds were very comfortable. From a Chinese standard, maybe so but still very hard beds. Also, the pillows were too soft to my liking. Not sure that I would stay again at this hotel

1  Thank Heather W
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Heather W

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay with us in July.
I am glad you liked the location and facilities around the hotel.
The hotel is able to offer non smoking rooms and we do have a pillow menu
with different types if you find the pillows to be too soft.
Please do let me know if you are coming back and we can allocate you a non smoking room facing the rear of the hotel with harder type pillows.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

The crowne plaza always has special buffets on for Christmas and New Years so if you don't fancy chinese food for your Christmas lunch, this is the place to go. Usually buffets include free flow sparkling wine. It doesn't always have the typically turkey dinner so contact them directly to find out or pop in.

2  Thank Lizz M
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Hello Lizz M

Thank you for your positive feedback about our seasonal buffets.
Yes we do indeed have special buffet promotions for Thanksgiving, Christmas Lunch,
Valentine's Day and so on. They are popular and enjoyed by both the foreign
and Chinese communities here in the city.
I do hope we can welcome you back later in the year for some seasonal treats!