“Corn cake”
Review of Lenga Restaurant

Lenga Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Description: Tradicional chilean cuisine with a modern twist, local products, small production wines, local beers, good music and pasion.
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend due to looking at Tripadvisor. Number 2, but to my opinion an easy number 1. The corn cake is perfect. Tried it before and after in Chile, but this was by far the best. Glass of wine was a bit smaller compared to normal glasses in Chile and Argentina, but the corn cake made everything. My girlfriend ordered the lamb, tried some aswell. But I suggest you take the corn cake. Portion is much bigger, much more flavour and...cheaper.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

After 2 days in Torres del Paine we ate dinner at Lenga. Having spotted it walking around the town before going to the national park we had booked ahead. We definitely felt we made the right choice.

The atmosphere and service is great. It’s a fine dining place and has an interesting menu. We had the ceviche and bean dishes to start with and lamb ribs and a fish dish for main. Everything was very good, with the “My Chilean beans” starter probably being the highlight.

This was the most sophisticated meal we had in Chile, and although one of the pricier ones, it was worth the extra.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We got there at 8ish luckily, because there was an hour wait after that, all tables reserved. I can understand why, it was amazing!! Our server explained everything in the menu, and it was a gluten free / dairy free menu. I assume this is how they mainly do it because of the ingredients. So, if you are gluten and or dairy intolerant, this is a must. They specially prepared dishes to fit my wife’s diet. Wine list is small, but great. Same with the menu. Why have too many options when the options provided are stellar. I’d come back again and again. Amazing meal, beautifully elicited.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure what we expected to find in a town close to the edge of the world. But while the weather was grim the night we had dinner at Lenga, the memory of the food remains etched in our minds.

Service was impeccable to start with - Claudio our waiter was knowledgeable and clearly passionate about the food, giving us detailed explanations (in English no less!) of each dish on the menu. Dressed in t shirts emblazoned with “Cook Free or Die”, the chef and the team definitely took that motto quite seriously.

At this point I think the critics that say the chef “tries too hard” are missing the point - this is food made with passion and creativity. “Trying too hard” happens someplace else which I will review in due course.

Back to Lenga.

For starters we had a ceviche which was packed so full of fresh scallops that it’d put the world’s finest chefs to shame with its generosity, and mussels.

For the main we had the smoked lamb ribs and the guanaco. Both were brilliant, although I must say the Guanaco was singular in its flavour, very much like a Patagonian pale ale I had a couple of days after.

Accompanying both courses were a Sauvignon Blanc and a Carmenere, one glass each which, as per Claudio’s suggestions, went perfectly with our food.

Dessert was a brownie with Calafate sorbet which was delicious, and Claudio even took a small bowl of fresh berries out for us to try.

Writing this with hindsight of having dined subsequently in Santiago, we dare say that this was easily THE best meal we had in Chile. The only problem? It takes a total of almost 18 hours of flying and 3 hours in a bus to get to Puerto Natales from London.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Can't say enough great things about Lenga. From the moment we walked in, the service was fantastic. The calafate pisco sours were unique and delicious. We ordered 4 main courses for 2 of us since the food was so good - seafood gnocchi, lamb ribs (falling off the bone), alpaca, and the corn stew. Every dish was uniquely flavorful and delicious - as was the brownie dessert. Don't miss this place - you won't be disappointed!