See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This is a new (1year old) hotel, it looks modern and has a cooler design, but actually looking at the facade, it has not a goid maintenance, and looks like they havent called the window cleaner since a couple of months. Inside you see some carpets withs stain, actually the room was OK, clean and even not huge enough space available for storage for a short stay (no vacaction room!). The Hotel staff friendly (mostly foreigners from Colombia or Peru), and a litlle complicated with a guarantee from the Credit Card. We ate at the Restaurant dinner on Sunday, it was really cold in there, no heating, no goid insulation, and only 1 waiter for the aprox 20 people, not good!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

I'm not sure when this hotel opened, but it's facilities are quite modern. The rooms are nicely appointed. The hotel personnel are very attentive. The complementary breakfast was way above normal for a hotel at this price. There's a pool on the third floor which has a wonderful sitting area with lovely views of the ocean. The surrounding area has some good restaurant and dessert choices. The only downside for this hotel is that the sidewalks for some of these surrounding restaurants are in bad need of repair. It surprising to me that the city does not make some improvements. A little money spent would dramatically improve the area.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Good breakfast, well located and clean rooms! I stayed 4 nights in a standard room and it was very pleasing. The wi-fi signal was strong in the room and the hotel has a gym and a pool. Fair price for the services provided.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 27 November 2015

Hotel not in a very good location. Bad maintenance, turbid water running from the tap and shower, no hot water(Nov 22, 2015 and Nov 23, 2015). No room service. Room ok, breakfast too late in the morning to go on time to do business. Looks dirty. I will never go back.

Room tip: all rooms are noisy , no double glass
Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed 14 November 2015

On my month long visit to Chile, I had to move quite a bit. One hotel NOT on my list was the Spark Hotel in Antofagasta. It's not located on the waterfront but near a quality gas station that has ATM machines inside AND a pharmacy. So, with this, here's the pros and cons.;

Pro's:
1) Unbelievably friendly staff members. This is an understatement. There is a beautiful lady named Diana that was completely bilingual for English and Spanish. Her articulation, smile, CAN DO attitude and professional behavior can not be stressed enough. She is an asset to this offset hotel on the hill and a wonderful treasure for this crowded business!

2) I lost a credit card on this trip and was assisted with numerous individuals in getting addresses, taxis and help in getting a new card sent out internationally after visiting the Banco De Chile downtown. This all was accomplished with the ever assistful staff!!

3) Wi-Fi; I'm a dedicated information junkie and communicate a 150 things once I get back with/to my hotel. From reports to instant messaging to email to other sitrep reports; I'VE GOT to have Wi-Fi. Here's the kicker; no hotel I've been to in 6 years compares to the high speed, quality and consistency of this system. I'm simply going to praise this hard; the Wi-Fi here is exemplary! On average, 5-7MB and it works like a horse.

4) The bed and specifically the PILLOWS are one in a million. They have to be expensive. You can lay on all four pillows and they just crush to properly hold your head in the most relaxing fit and finish. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't get the manufacture of these because once you see what I'm talking about, you'll agree.

5) Hot showers. Very nice. can't say anything but positive here. I wished there was a bit more of direct or indirect lighting there but it was sufficient. It's also a rain-shower head. You'll love it.

Cons;
1) I was packing on one of my last couple of days and had the 'no room service' tag hanging on the outside of my door. While folding and putting away clothes in my room, in walks the room service - no knocking, just walks right in. Very disappointed. This should NEVER happen. I made a call down to the front desk and communicated this to Diana. I stated it was an accident, but at a destination where excellence is expected, this was not. I'm confident the room service was 'counseled' on this in good faith.

2) The in house water-pot-heater-coffee-pot thing as previous customers have written, was in fact quite rusted and in ill-keep. I didn't want to risk using it. Pictures should be included later.

3) The Hotel opened up in January of 2014 but it doesn't look like it. The front doors to the hotel are in disrepair and at the time of this, for a week only the left door would open - and never really manually shuts itself... There is an incredible amount of burned out light bulbs in the rooms, hallways and main floors to include the light assembly directly above the front desk. I though it was onesies and twosies but clearly, they have some upkeep issues. Alternately, the bird fecal spray was BEYOND disgusting on the prideful front windows of this facility overlooking the waterfront direction. We're talking about a hefty amount of piles and piles of bird sludge. Very disgusting. Pictures included.

4) The design/decor and fit and finish requires some serious rethinking. The breakfast bar (person) and the evening bartender dual hat their jobs. Trying to get a refreshment for a party of four in the evening was almost non-capable. In the morning, ONE person ran the somewhat uninspiring breakfast bar. The tables where too close to the food items and made walking and accessing food items extremely difficult.

5) The 'exercise room' was a joke. Every single 'machine' was inoperative or would have actually hurt you if you used it. One treadmill was non operative and the other cheap thing had the belt consistently drag and about break your knees in the stride. This was a joke. They need to shut the room down and make it a spare closet.

On a side note, for a one year old hotel, it's disappointing in the management's lack of overall oversight here. Ceiling lights filled with bugs, burned out lights, and my floor had a smoke alarm 'low battery' chirp warning going on for 4 days and no once took attention to this. Are the room service attendants not hearing capable??

Overall, the hotel stay was pleasant but the fit and finish and minor details require some better management oversight and enhancement. As far as the staff goes, they were hard working, smiling and clearly working for their dollar. Maybe that's what's wrong? They might want to hire a couple more people and a maintenance person for upkeep??

I would definitely recommend this hotel overall. Just be mindful that not quite up to expectations of the higher hitting hotels that is the status-quo today.

Cheers!

Room tip: Hotel room views are only North and South. You can't see the water front, only the city and mountain.
Date of stay: November 2015