Lowest prices for your stay
US$118
Free cancellation until 21/04/29
US$119
Free cancellation until 21/04/29
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$121
US$101
SAVE US$20
PricelineUS$117
HIExpress.comUS$119
getaroom.comUS$121
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

Front desk help are not happy to greet customers and do not recognize elite members.

Don’t take room 210. From 2-4:30 am there was a vent flapping preventing sleep. The next morning front desk said there was trouble with the vents but did not offer an apology, no points or no price reduction.

We booked a certain type of room but she said it was not available when we checked in. We took a lower priced room but did not get a reduction in price.

We were not offered a second key which we are normally asked about at check in.

Breakfast was ok only apples in the morning for fruit. Bananas would have been nice. We would not recommend. To bad it’s a new hotel but customer service needs a lot of work. The morning of check out didn’t seem like anyone was manning the front desk. See attached photo.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alliance, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Hello 02gma,

Welcome back, it's great to hear from one of our IHG Rewards Club Elite Members. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We take feedback seriously, thus, we have shared with General Manager and our housekeeping and maintenance staff about the concerns you raised, particularly the upkeep of the amenities in the room, and the options at the breakfast buffet. We know that we can do a better job at this most especially with service provided at the time you brought up these concerns to our staff at the front desk and at the breakfast bar. It is our commitment to provide transparent, efficient and friction less experiences for guests and making the necessary changes would help us provide a better experience in the future.

This will go a long way in helping us keep up with our guests, like you, who look for brilliant basics and seamless experiences who need a simple, engaging place to rest, recharge and get a little work done. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

We look forward to hosting your stay in the future.

Hector P
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 November 2019

The hotel itself is nice and well furnished. However the service was terrible. We had a reservation which the hotel cancelled without notifying us. Even they cannot tell me why they cancelled it. We had reserved a Suite and when we arrived were then supplied a smaller less expensive room. HOWEVER we were still charged the Suite price. I asked for explanations and got none. I asked for the manager to call me and explain all of this (she was not there at the time), again, I got no call. I asked for a refund of the price difference, again, no response, not refund. I'm out in this area every 3 weeks or so on business and my usual place to stay was fully booked so I gave Holiday Inn Express a try. BIG MISTAKE on my part.. I won't be going back to this location.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alliance, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2019

Hello ContraryAcres,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. While I am glad that a room was allocated for you, I am sorry that the original room booked wasn't made available due to the inadvertent booking cancellation. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I trust their capacity to look into these and ensure similar issues are avoided in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you stay with us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 September 2019

We were pleased with the room here in Alliance. The hotel is new and sparkly. Breakfast the next morning was very good and the front desk staff was delightful. My only issue was the the window treatment/blinds were missing the remote. We like to get sunlight in and you couldn't open it. The housekeeper came up, then she called her brother who was the maintenance man. He said that the remote was "borrowed" by another HIX. ???? I don't get it.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 25 August 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean, super comfortable beds! Easy to find. Decent free breakfast. The lady working the front desk was very cheerful and nice (especially considering she was there when we evening checked in, and was back bright and early the next day).

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2019

We booked an accessible room with roll-in shower it was pricey, but we greatly enjoyed the holiday inn express in Ottawa so we booked the Oglala property.

We arrived at 5:30 and were surprised when the manager said our room would be ready in five minutes. Ten minutes later she said it would be another twenty minutes. It was. We had booked the room the day before.

When we entered the room we noticed it had a tub, not a roll-in shower. I called the manager and she said she would call me back. When she didn’t, I called again and heard her voicemail was full and no messages could be left. When I did reach her, she said the listing was erroneous and that there were no rooms with roll-in showers. She promised a discount for the error, but the bill in the morning was for the full amount

On the other hand, the place is clean and new, and breakfast was good.

Date of stay: August 2019