Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This motel was reserved a year in advance, as part of the planning to be where the total eclipse was going to be. While waiting out the year, I learned from the manager, Arlene, that renovations were going on at the property. In the last month before the trip, I learned that there was a new owner and Arlene had decided to retire! The change in ownership resulted in a glitch where printing my copies of checks was helpful to prove that I had indeed pre-paid the reservation. Getting into the room provided a few nice surprises - we had a small refrigerator/freezer combo, a microwave, a coffeemaker, and a nice size TV mounted out of the way on the wall (more on that later). The accessory we really needed, however, was a fly swatter! I don't know why or where they came from, but my wife and I must have dispatched at least a dozen flies over the first day. That annoyance dealt with, we noticed other things. Our room was apparently in the process of being renovated (we hope) - stretched-out, frayed carpet, over-worn chairs, a few holes in the walls where things were removed, cable hookup for the TV very roughly hung on the wall, the ceiling light not hugging the ceiling. That said, the room was clean, the bathroom was well-stocked, the bed was comfortable, and most importantly, no bugs (other than the flies, of course)! All in all, it was an OK place for the moderate price we paid (remember, this was Eclipse weekend, and many places were jacking up their prices - this motel didn't do that to us). Hopefully, now that the eclipse is past, they will close our room and complete the renovations with new carpet, patching and paint, pretty up the TV/cable connections, and maybe some new fixtures.

Room tip: Ask for a room that's been renovated completely.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimTrek
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This place doesn't even deserve one star! I had a room reserved here for the eclipse. I called mid July to confirm things. All was fine. They had my reservation and my phone number. I tried to give them my credit card but they said they would call if the owner decided it was needed. Mike was very nice at the time. I called again today, Aug 16 since we were going in a few days, to see if they want my credit card info. Today when I finally got ahold of Mike he said the owner canceled all reservations without a credit card. For all I know Mike is the owner and realized how much they could charge for rooms after they realized how popular the eclipse was going to be. I told him I couldn't believe Alliance NE was turning crooked over this. Mike said, "Whatever lady!" and hung up! I immediately called the Chamber of Commerce. Spoke with a very helpful lady named Maria. Unfortunately this piece of crap motel isn't part of the Chamber. Go figure! Someday I will go there just to come face to face with Mike!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JaneySD
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to stay, room is pretty nice, nice clean bathroom, comfortable bed, but mainly the staff is amazing. Very helpful and understanding. I completely recommend staying here, great place

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The room was average at best. Very budget minded. While the room did have a fridge and air conditioning, it seemed very aged and worn. The ice machine was broken and had been out for quite some time. Owner did go out and purchase a bag of ice from another store to give to me. I was impressed by that. The whole place needs a makeover and update. It is obvious the owner is trying hard to improve, but at the moment, I say it is mediocre at best. Comfortable beds, new tile in bathroom, and low price are the positives. Dingy exterior as it is an older facility and small bathroom were the main negatives. It is fine for budget minded travel.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Scott N
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We booked the room for an overnight stay on our way to Ketstone SD. The booking price was supposed to be 49.00 plus tax. We were charged 68.72! The motel is very run down and loaded with flies. Beds were horrible and there was no hot water at all. The only ice machine was out the driveway and down ab alley. Beware! For 20 bucks more we could of stayed at a nicer place. Had pizza delivered and wet to front desk to ask for napkins....we were given a dingy frayed wash rag to use!

Room tip: There are no good rooms. Very scary
Date of stay: October 2016