“Watch out for the bench seats”
Review of Mi Mexico

Mi Mexico
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a small but very colorful Mexican restaurant. The wait staff are very pleasant. They smile and make sure you are taken care of well. The food is authentic and the price for lunch the beginning of the week is great. Watch out for the bench seats many many of them are cracked and peeling. They scratch and really need repair.

1  Thank minneapol

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I was craving good authentic Mexican food. My sister in law recommended a different place she had been to. We were driving by, we pulled in, a full parking lot. The service was great, food delicious and the margaritas tasty!! Gracias!!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We went here with my hubby and 2 littles for a Sunday lunch. The restaurant was full, but we had prompt service which is a major plus for eating out with kids!! Fajitas mazatlan were amazing as always, so were my hubby’s steak quesadillas. We tried the churros which were yummy! Definitely would come back again!!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a GEM! From the moment we walked in we felt like we were in Mexico going into a local Mexican restaurant! I loved all the colors in this restaurant! You truly felt like you were in Mexico!
Our server was Louis and oh folks, he was FANTASTIC! So very nice and just likable! I think if we hadn’t driven there we would have stayed all night to just hang out talking with him and soaking up the atmosphere!
My husband ordered the seafood enchiladas with beans, I ordered the enchiladas verde with chicken but asked for 2 not 3, boy am I glad I did, the portions were huge! My food was muy excellente! It was packed with chicken and flavor! The beans and rice were so good! I tried my husbands food it was terrific! It was authentic crab not imitation crab and it was loaded with flavor, we literally scarfed down our food it was that good! If you want a great meal, great service and a family feeling atmosphere you will be happy you chose to go to Mi Mexico!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Compared to the last time we visited this restaurant--this was a 10 The owner/server was not very sociable and crabby. But this time they have new servers and they are very personable. They smile and just want you to have a great dining experience. The food was a good size portion for lunch and they have lunch specials.. We really enjoyed the remodeled inside. The eating area is very colorful and very pretty. We JUST LOVED IT this time. We will be back.