“Driving Through Ann Arbor”
Review of Sava's

Sava's
Ranked #5 of 625 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State & Liberty / Huron
Transit: Lines 609 and 18 stop less than a block the the North on Huron, and Lines 4 and 3 stop on Liberty. Also, the Blake Transit Center located at 4th and William have regular incoming and outgoing buses from the greater Ann Arbor area. More information is available at www.theride.org.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I were driving through Ann Arbor and decided to stop for dinner. After consulting Trip Advisor, we chose Sava's. I must say that the town was so busy with university orientation that we almost left because we couldn't find a parking spot. Thankfully we found one in the nearby parking garage because I wouldn't have wanted to miss out dining at Sava's.

We shared a healthy serving of the pork and kimchi nachos to start and they were so delicious with a great variety of flavours on top of fried wanton wrappers.

My husband had the pasta with saffron sauce served with scallops and shrimp. It was so delicious and the scallops were cooked perfectly!

My main was the Greek salad with a side salmon fillet. It was good with the homemade dressing made with beet juice which gave it a nice pink colour. My only complaint was that the salad came in a smaller bowl with all the ingredients placed individually and not mixed together, so it was difficult to really blend it well without having some spill out, especially with the salmon placed on top.

Overall, the experience was great. The staff were very attentive and informative. We sat at the front of the restaurant near the window and it was bright and cheery.

I would recommend Sava's the next time you're in Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great food, ambiance and service! Perfect date night (but you can visit with friends and family as well)! We ordered 3-4 small plates. Each of which was delicious but the mac and cheese was exceptional. The desert was yum as well! Vegetarian friendly!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We dropped in early one Sunday morning. Emily was our server. What a positive force she was! We received great food and beverage recommendations from her.
I thoroughly enjoyed the marinated Kale salad and roasted sweet potatoes, topped with a fried egg. So flavorful! My companion loved the huevos rancheros.
May I suggest the wonderful grapefruit mimosa? The sparking wine in it is very good.
Coffee is hot, fresh and just strong enough. Exquisitely decorated space. Restrooms are located below, near the entrance. Parking is on the street and metered (free on Sundays). Outdoor dining is available adjacent to the building and off the roadway.

Adrienne B, Manager at Sava's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi VaporkK8,
Thank you for the spectacular review! We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Sava's and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy to hear you love the local Roos Roast coffee and please join us for Happy hour Monday through Friday 9a-11a and 3p-6p to get those wonderful fresh grapefruit mimosas for $5. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melanie Brown
Sava's

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was Awesome! The service was excellent. We will always stop here when we go on our girls trip in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here with my parents on a college tour and really loved it! We split the "bang bang shrimp" appetizer, the roasted cauliflower, and the hippie bowl to start, which were also delicious. For my main course, I had the Sava's mac and cheese with shrimp, and for dessert, I got the coconut key lime pie, both of which were really good. The restaurant is definitely more casual, but very good. It offers more creative dishes that you won't see at every other restaurant. I'd definitely recommend it.