“Good Prices & Good Food”
Review of Carlyle Grill

Carlyle Grill
Ranked #51 of 634 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to sit back and relax over a snack or meal, prepared to order, using the freshest ingredients available. It's food prepared with passion ... from the house smoked baby back ribs to our hand crafted specialty cocktails. We feature a Chef driven menu in a from-scratch kitchen. All our menu items are made to order and can be customized anyway you wish. Our style is all-American comfort food, served in huge portions with fresh seafood and steaks delivered daily.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were a large group of 14 adults celebrating a birthday. We were surprised we were literally the only people there on a Sat at 1pm.
Initially I thought this would be a bad review. The waitress acted as if we were bothering her and was not friendly.
Here's a thought, "If tips are part of your income and your restaurant is empty, be happy you have a table of 14!
Once the orders were taken, she did loosen up and became part of the group.
We all had a different dish and everyone was happy. So I must assume the food was good all around! I had the ribs (pictured). Not the best I have had and would rate them just above average. Too much time in the oven and not enough on the grill. All of the portions were large and the prices were decent.
I hope the lack of customers was not the norm, as this place was decent.

Michael S, Manager at Carlyle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Thanks for the feedback on how your visit started, I am glad everything ended up getting back on track and everyone was happy with what they got :)

Come back again and see us anytime!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This place was good. The bread is amazing, and comes out often. However, there was a problem with the salad. They made it sound like the salad was included, but it isn't. Strange. I ordered the mac and cheese. I would tell you a joke about it, but it would be too cheesy. But it was very good. Overall, it is good.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My first impression was that this place was going to be way fancier and expensive that what we neededbut actually the menu had a good and wide variety of options. They did a good mob of accomadating my dairy free diet.

Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Carlyle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you! We really try to have a a quality option for everyone no matter their diet. So this is great to hear!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

The menu has much to offer. I was a bit disappointed that the appetizers were hot, but they were good. Being from Baltimore, we are spoiled and should know better than to order crab cakes, but we did. It said "lump crab" on the menu, but they were definitely not lump crab meat crab cakes, but they were tasty (with more breading than we are used to) and had a nice dipping sauce. But if you want a great crab cake, come to Baltimore...

That being said, the blackened chicken pasta was delicious, as was the grilled salmon (I had that!). Another colleague had the cobb salad, and he seemed to like it very much.

The service was quick and efficient, but no one seemed super friendly until we were leaving.

The food was good, and the restaurant is dark and elegantly decorated. Sort of away from the main business area, but right next to a movie theater so it would be great location for a date night.

Hey Wendy, thanks for the feedback on the crab cakes. I am very glad to hear you all enjoyed the rest of your meals.

Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Located near the Quality 16 movie theatre on Jackson road, I have been here several times either just before or after seeing a movie with friends. The food is good and is standard comfort food (burgers, pasta, pizza, steak, etc.) as are the beers/drinks. It is well prepared, with good service. The place is roomy and clean.