“Come to Me Gusta”

Me Gusta Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer spanish lessons (for a day or more), salsa classes, tours, cooking classes, and other special events! Enrich your stay in Sucre with one or more of our activities. Our email address is listed, let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

From the moment I walked into Me Gusta, I felt welcomed. I only intended to take one week of classes but ended up taking two. I cannot express how much I´v learned in the past two weeks. I normally have a difficult time learning languages, but all of the teachers are wonderful. They are friendly and explain concepts clearly. I also had the opportunity to stay with a host family. They were so kind and patient. There are also activities you can participate in which is helpful to meet other students. In the future, I hope to return to Me Gusta and learn more Spanish.

All reviews
"basic spanish"
"a lot of fun"
"any questions"

Reviewed 24 May 2018

In april I had classes for just three days and they were tailored to my needs and very personal in their structure. They were conversation-focused with some grammar here and there. In class I was challenged by my teacher (Fernando) to talk about broad topics I had not talked about in public before, in order to push the boundaries of my language skills.

I especially wanted to write this review because the school helped me to get out of Sucre during a strike that didn't allow me to leave the city. They made a big effort to help me catch my international flight and gave me a personal contact of a friend who took me and a collegue on a motorcycle. I'm very grateful for their help and can recommend this school to anyone coming to Sucre.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my month with Me Gusta.  The host family were the best bit - I stayed with Marlene and her 2 daughters Lorena and Andrea, and would highly recommend staying here.  The food was amazing, they were so welcoming and kind, helpful with Spanish, I loved all the games and they went out of their way to make sure I had a nice stay.  I also had an amazing view of the city from my room :)  They have 2 other rooms too so I was with other students which was nice.  I liked the school too, their teaching is more structured than I've had elsewhere which I prefer, it felt more thorough and in a logical order.  Overall I had a great experience and would recommend Me Gusta.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I did a month of Spanish lessons at Me Gusta and loved it! The teachers make going back to school fun and interesting by mixing up the lessons with lots of excercises and games. I learnt loads and would definitely go back! The only downside to Me Gusta is that the teachers receive dismal salaries. Pay them more and then your school will be perfecto!