Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Terraventura Outdoor
All reviews rental shop el colorado en route private tour chilli waldo skiing company valparaiso
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We hired Waldo as a personalized tour guide (including private transportation to and from Santiago) and were very glad we did so! He was a great resource who knew all the hot spots to take us including restaurants and sights. He was very open and accommodating to our requests along the way, but also provided his own suggestions!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I landed in Santiago unbeknownst to me.........a strike by luggage workers. Waldo was arranged by my hotel in Valpariso to pick me up. He had to wait over TWO HOURS for me to come out of customs. He then drove me to my hotel in Valpairaso. We took off after I dropped my luggage for a tour of the city...........then he was available the following day for a walking tour of the town followed by a drive up and down the coast of Chile. It was wonderful. He then drove me back to Santiago to meet family. We immediately went back to Valpairso the following day when family arrived for another tour of the town, lunch and dinner. Waldo was wonderful. Flexible, congenial, and a lot of fun. Extremely knowledgeable about the towns as well.

Date of experience: October 2016
Management response:Responded 14 October 2016

Gretchen, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family, the guys very nice.
It was very nice and fun go out whit you and the guys in Valparaiso y Viña del Mar, a zone unique and wonderful
I hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

With 10 international students we decided that we want to go skiing in Valle Nevado to get to know skiing in South America in the Andes! I contacted Waldo from Terraventura Outdoor and he responded quickly to all my questions and we he prepared everything. Thus everything was already perfectly arranged when we came to Valle Nevado. We had a great day with a lot of sun and Waldo was always very nice and helpful. Moreover ee had a great lunch at the mountain hut.
All in all i can totally recommend this tour agency and it was a pleasure for us to there with Waldo. Thanks to Terraventur Outdoor for this nice trip!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 6 September 2016

I had the chance to go to El Colorado with Terraventura Outdoor couple of weeks ago and I had a great experience! They offer a very personalised service picking you up in time from wherever you are staying and taking you to up to the ski field in reasonable time, giving you a quick review of the surroundings too. They provide all the equipment, information and indications before starting your skiing day, and for those who want to learn ski, they can receive classes from Terraventura Outdoor staff who will teach you and guide you in everything!
So I recommend Terraventura to everyone who wants to have a great day up to the mountain with not major concerns about driving, equipment or buying ski passes, they do their best for you to have a memorable day!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Transfers between the Valparaíso/Viña del Mar area to Chile's ski resorts west of Santiago are hard to come by. Thankfully, I was lucky to stumble upon Terraventura Outdoor through their advertisements on Facebook.

I contacted the company on their Facebook page inquiring about a transfer from my home in Viña del Mar to Portillo (during the final of the 2016 Copa America, of all times, in which Chile was playing Argentina—akin to contacting a company during the Super Bowl), and was pleasantly surprised to receive a response within minutes. From there, we were able to coordinate the transfer for later in the week.

On the morning of my trip to Portillo, I was also pleasantly surprised when the transfer arrived 5 minutes early (uncommon in South America). Combined with the promptness and respectfulness of our exchanges over Facebook, I could tell that Terraventura Outdoor prides itself on professionalism.

My driver, Waldo, the owner/operator was a great travel companion for the 3 hour each way trip (that's important)! Although he speaks English, I enjoyed practicing my Spanish with him, and he was enthusiastic to share his knowledge of Chile and South America with me.

When we got to the resort, because I am an advanced skier, I opted to rent from the rental shop there (the Portillo shop had the fat, all mountain skis that I am used to skiing on), but the Terraventura Outdoor equipment would be fine for beginner to intermediate skiers.

The entire time, Waldo took care to see that all of my needs were being met and that I was having a great time, even though I technically only paid for the transfer. He carried my gear to and from the car, and encouraged me to ski for as long as I wanted to.

Over all, I found Terraventura Outdoor to be a great value and service. Their price for the transfer alone is already a great deal, and their attentiveness and the quality of their customer service make it a steal. Waldo clearly has a passion for the outdoors, and he delights in sharing it with others.

Date of experience: June 2016