“Average at best...”

Ranked #2 372 of 12 547 Restaurants in Dubai
Neighbourhood: Palm Jumeirah
Neighbourhood: Palm Jumeirah
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Went here on Thursday night with some Italian friends. Awkward service from the outset. We ordered a mixture of pizza and pasta. Both lacked salt and flavour in general. The pasta I ordered should have been very delicate but it was in a heavy and chunky sauce. As someone who regularly visits Italy, I can safely say this is not authentic and I wouldn’t go again.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 25 January 2021

I had a dinner with my friends at Donna Carmela a couple of days ago and we really enjoyed. You have an amazing view of the fountain and some amazing Italian dishes and wine. The prices are really cheap compared with the other restaurants at the Pointe.

Thank You Bimal for the service provided. We will come back again.

Reviewed 21 January 2021 via mobile

Went to Donna Carmela with group from office, place is spotless and service very good, attentive but not annoying. Great to be able to sit outside with water views and Atlantis. The bread that comes to the table is DELISH...... the risotto with truffle is so good, pizzas are huge. They do amazing coffee. Price was really good, not charging over the top. Highly recommend if your down that way.

1  Thank masseymb
Reviewed 18 January 2021

We went there for lunch, the restaurant has great location and good see view, we liked the appetizers but not the salad as we have to make the sauce by ourselves, we couldn't eat the pasta it was too salty, the waiters were friendly but the service was slow, the management deducted the price of the pasta from the bill which is good thing.

2  Thank flona98
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

As per all my reviews they are honest, good or bad.

I was recommended this restaurant by a few people. It certainly didn’t disappoint. I’ve been to a few Italian restaurants in Dubai and something is always missing. Donna Carmela was different, great tasting Italian food and fantastic size portions! Cost was very reasonable as was the drinks menu. The only reason I didn’t give 5 stars is because they don’t have a children’s menu. Apart from that this place is worth a visit.

2  Thank Deanmunro1987