All reviews hour layover business class proper hotel bring earplugs dxb airport double bed wake transit
Reviewed 23 February 2018

When we arrived the staff were very welcoming and took us straight to our room which was immediately opposite the entrance. The room was smaller than we expected but was clean. The light was so dimmed that I could not see to put my make up on in the morning. I can not envisage taking children into the room with a pull out, this would mean there would be no walking space at all.
When we got into bed it was very comfortable and we were very tired and hoped to get some sleep. Unfortunately the entrance door was made of glass and it was a sliding door which the staff let go of and banged every time they used it. It says in the description that the rooms are noise proofed which we found to be untrue. There was a chap whose snoring was so loud we thought he was in the next room but apparently he was a couple of rooms away! We could not sleep for some time because of this and the banging glass door. I would suggest that they replace the door and also ensure the staff are given either sneakers or other soft shoes as we could here them walking across the floor outside our room.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoaniePreston
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I have now stayed here a handful of times on business and it is a nice little place. I would recommend the small rooms rather than the pods however the location is the airport is perfect, surrounded by duty free and designer shops and the staff are very helpful. Highly recommended for short visits or if you have a long wait in the airport for a connecting flight

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank jimmyc147
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I had an 18 hour layover and had already 10 hours travel behind me and 14 hours ahead of me.
Unfortunately I decided against travelling into town to stay in a proper hotel. And I made the mistake of not reading the reviews on this website.
I booked a 7 hour period in a yawn cabin through bookings.com. Also misleading was the comment on bookings.com that there were only 3 left.
When I arrived at my accommodation, all other pods and cabins were unoccupied. Also at the time of my arrival there was a massive delivery of large cartons probably containing stock as they also sold pillows and blankets. On first impression the cabin looked clean and cosy. But as soon as I layed down, I was bombarded by lots of noise. The staff proceeded to unpack these large cardboard boxes, dropping them heavily on the floor and throwing around the plastic wrapping. After 40 minutes I stuck my head out the door to complain about the noise. It was then quiet for approximately 15 minutes. Just as I fell asleep, it started again and continued for the whole duration of my stay. In the end I'd had enough and cut my stay by 1.5 hours.
These cabins are not sound proof and I would have gotten an equal amount of rest outside on one of those airport lounge chairs. Bookings.com advertised the room for $59 but I ended up paying $74 after adding taxes. Total waste of money as now I am still extremely tired having to wait another 7 hours for my flight and 14 hours flying time ahead of me.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank GabrieleD1540
Reviewed 1 January 2018

The best thing about the hotel is its location. Probably the cheapest sleep option within Dubai airport without any other facility. We stayed in double bed cabin. Rooms are very small but sufficient for sleeping during 6/7 hrs layover. They provided blanket and pillows.No restroom, shower room, and drinking water (not even a wash basin) are available within the property. We need to walk few meters to access public facility outside the hotel. Free airport wifi was available within the room. But rooms are not noise free. Some of the airport announcement was audible from room.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abhishek M
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I just spent 8 hours in a pod as part of a 15 hour layover in Dubai. The pods are as comfortable as older style business class seats. They fold out flat but with 3 divisions so it is possible to sleep. However the area is noisy as people come and go so using the provided earplugs is essential. The main con is the fact that there are no toilets in the facility and you have to get up, get dressed and go out into the main terminal and walk 100 yards to a public toilet. The other big con is the add on charges. No pillow or blanket are provided so you have to buy. If you want a shower you will be sold a towel and soap and directed to the public showers near the toilets. All this can easily double your cost.

Room Tip: After adding all the costs maybe the Terminal Hotel is a better use of funds.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo