“A pleasant surprise ”

Swaadish Restaurant
Ranked #2 902 of 10 211 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Description: Considering love to be our most important ingredient at Swaadish, we are determined to follow cooking techniques based on slow heat and locally sourced ingredients, delectable enough to satisfy the most refined palates. We stand firmly by the stance that food should always be extraordinary.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the JBH and came across this restaurant located in the food court by accident.. food was delicious, wholesome and excellent value for money.. ordered the methi tharka dhaal, butter roti, aloo gobi, chole bhatura & Karak chai.. although there was a slight delay in the arrival of the food it was well worth the wait as the food is fresh and tastes home cooked ! The staff are very friendly and had a lovely chat with the owner, who was extremely welcoming .. would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for some wholesome food that is very good value for money !

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I can't belive what I read here - either the stories are false, or we was very unlucky the day we ordered food there. We was 4 people, the food took for ever to be served, we was the only guests, none of us even finished the food, and the picture speak for itself. There was actually some few bits of chicken in there, and some more nudles, but when served, you could not see anything else than a brown surface of liquid. Sorry, but never ever again. It was also our first and only visit to The Mall. The toilets were excellent by the way.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

After watching the Famous Nutella Samosa videos on Instagram I was excited to try them out. Finally visited with my entire family and after going through the menu we decided to try out their food as well.
I was warmly welcomed by the energetic staff and Mr.Raza. I loved how energetic and friendly they both were with their customers. We went with a meal for four. It included many items like assorted kebabs, raita, rice, gravy, soft drinks and salads.

~FOOD~

Out of all four kebabs Malai Tikka, Chicken gola kebab, Mutton seekh, Chicken tikka, I loved •gola kebab• it was marinated well with spices, the •malai tikka• was soft and juicy, •mutton seekh• was delicious too but my least fav was the •chicken tikka• i wish it was more masalafied.

The gravy •Green chicken karahi• is the winner! So tasty! YUM! It's fresh and mild.. A must to try from the gravies section. •Tikka masala fries• arghh.. this was too good soo chatpata! •Briyani rice• was ok!
Refreshing •Rooh afza margarita• was a thirst quencher!
The salad •Doritos Chana Chaat• and •macaroni with thousand islands• is something everyone will love. They are fun little salads to have as a starter while your meal is being prepared

Now to the dessert,
A little confession to make *clears throat and yells* •Nutella Samosas• are the BEST! Dont miss it out.

The quality of food is great, glad that a proper Pakistani restaurant where the food is prepared fresh is now in a food court!

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

As the name suggests this place is definitely going to make you satisfied and drool over each and every item that you try here. I wouldn’t exaggerate so come and try for yourself!

The first of its kind home grown Pakistani restaurant Swaadish is located at the food court of the newly opened “The Mall”. As I entered the food court I was immediately greeted by Mr Azeem at the counter. A very enthusiastic guy I must add!

We started off drinks wherein I chose the Roohafza lemonade and my foodie friend chose the lemonade – both were very refreshing, perfect to beat the heat.

Starters:

- Doritos Chana Chaat – this was definitely my first that I tried. Who would have thought that doritos would be a creative twist to the chana chaat – which added to the crisp and crunch along with the sour taste.

- Penne Pasta – this was a creation made by Azeem from the salad bar, a cold starter, topped with sauce.

Grills:

- Spicy Tawa chicken – this was a leg piece marinated and grilled with the spices, cooked to perfection. The spice level was moderate so I could enjoy the entire dish and came in packed as a lunch combo. Served along with fries too.

- Chicken Gola Kebab - these were so juicy, tender and succulent kebabs. Once again packed as a lunch combo is perfect for a person to try. Served along with 3 different types of chutneys.

Curry & Naan:

- Butter Chicken – a must try at Swaadish is the rich and creamy butter chicken. The gravy had a smooth texture and mildly spiced. The chunks of chicken pieces were tender and cooked to perfection. The gravy was complimented with garlic & butter naan. I couldn’t stop myself until stuffed. That good!

- Palak Paneer – Another of the favorite dish would be the palak paneer. Once again tender pieces of paneer mixed in a creamy green sauce were so tasty. The mixture of course went well with the naan too.

Nutella Samosa:

- An end to the scrumptious meal is with a dessert and Swaadish has gone all the way to add in a twist to the Punjabi samosa with loads of Nutella!!! Yes that’s right! The Nutella samosa is the new talk and you need to come here to try it. The samosa stuffed with Nutella is served piping hot. Slightly on the oily side however could ignore all that for the love of chocolate :)

Overall enjoyed my experience here and thanks once again for treating me to such hospitality and great food. Loved it and you would definitely see me back.

Raza-Abbas, Owner at Swaadish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Sweetest Soni,

It was an absolute delight to read your elaborate and extremely well-written review. We feel blessed to know that you had a great time at Swaadish. We would love to see you back very soon.

Best wishes,
Swaadish <3

Reviewed 26 June 2016

It's really quite straightforward, these guys know how to cook and are very hospitable on top of that. It's extremely rare to find a restaurant which is essentially in a food court in a Mall, which serves up original and tasty food. Swaadish has only been open for a few months but I found myself returning because the food was great the first time and I wanted to try more of it. The first time I had the Chicken Malai Tikka and this time I had the Green Chicken Karahi (something similar to a dish I love at Ravi's) and both times, they were absolutely freshly prepared - no microwave oven that's for sure - and totally delicious. The owner and staff were very charming and really want to connect with their customers and get genuine feedback. The food would appeal to people missing their native Pakistan as well as foreigners who simply like good Pakistani food at a very decent price. Parking is easy and the Mall is just opposite Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Do stop there for a casual meal, you will really love the food and you will love meeting Raza Abbas, the young chef who is working around the clock to make this place a success. I wish you all the best Raza & Team, I'll be back for my third meal soon!

Dearest Patron,

We would like to thank you for such a hearty feedback, we are truly delighted to know that you had a memorable time at our humble eatery, Swaadish. We would love to see you back munching at our restaurant again soon.

Stay blessed,