“Excellent cruise ”

Sa Sa Sunset Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sa Sa Sunset Cruise is a slow-boat cruise along the Mekong river. Enjoy chillout music, try our exquisite barbecue prepared by Lao cruise member, grab a beer or taste some fresh drinks and cocktails. Everything on 30-meters boat in the warm lights of the beautiful sunset. Perfect place to relax or to begin fantastic evening. Every day at 4:15PM, back around 6:15PM. Entrance costs only 10$ (85.000 kip) per person, and we offer you a free Mojito onboard.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our cruise on Sa Sa. It was one of the cheaper tours on offer and we really enjoyed it.

A rustic boat that was super comfortable and not alot of others on the boat.

The free cocktail was made with local spirits so was a little "rough" .. probably the longest a Mojito has lasted for me ever! But it was a bargain included in such a cheap cruise.

They advertised being able to eat a bbq on board but we never saw a menu or were offered/asked by staff.

The cruise was very relaxing and the scenery stunning. We dont feel paying extra for a different operator would have given us any more value.

Highly recommended

"crew"
in 13 reviews
"commentary"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose Sa Sa for the cruise because I read good reviews. Their 2 hours service was good. Sadly, there was no sunset to view due to the weather. It cost us 85,000 per person, with a free drink.
For those who want to view sunset, I would rather recommend you to just walk or cycle along the river rater than going for the cruise. But, you can choose it, if you want to relax, view the lifestyle of the locals. It was relaxing 2 hours.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

No frills cruise, cold beer and chicken bbc.
Good value for money.
Laidback and without any local dance performance.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

The cruise itself was wonderful--nice music and beautiful views.
Not wanting the free cocktail, I ordered an item from the menu which was a large Beer Lao. They didn't have any. I ordered a small, which came promptly but it was not very cold. For the remainder of the two hour cruise I was not asked if I wanted another drink (don't these guys want to make money?). There were only another six people on board, so it wasn't as if they were busy.
I was asked if I wanted to order a chicken skewer. I had no idea what this consisted of, but ordered one for 10,000 kip. It was tasty, but the option of rice on the side would have been nice.
There was a clean bathroom on board.
If this cruise had provided items on the menu, cold beer and motivated staff it would have been 5 stars.