We thought we would lash out on an upmarket lunch but what a disappointment the food was. It is location, location and we could not fault the service or ambience of this restaurant all excellent. But the food was very poor. We both ordered different soups and they both had a slightly off flavour. The pork satay sticks with peanut sauce were dry and tasteless. The Green papyar salad was inedible. It was so strongly flavoured and drowning with fish sauce. Coffee tasted burnt. We have come to the conclusion that restaurants that have stunning views as The Grand does over the Mekong don't feel the need to provide good food even when charging high local prices.
Go for a drink not a meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle of Luangprabang city, the Grand luangprabang hotel is where the music offered by the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel Luang Prabang
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel And Resort
- Grand Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Luang Prabang