“OK, but nothing special”
Review of Hammam Anti Stress

Hammam Anti Stress
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Sousse
Type: Spas & Wellness, Other
More attraction details
Owner description: Hammam Anti-Stress is a traditional tunisian hammam with a cosy, clean and original atmosphere. We offer traditional steambath with body-peeling and relaxing wellness treatments for the whole body.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I chose this place as it was not In any of the hotels and wanted an authentic pampering experience. I chose the Golden Package at 90dina and in that was to be included the hamman, seaweed bodywrap, foot treatment, hair treatment, facial, massage ect. It sounded divine. I was very impressed upon arrival with how the place looked and how welcome they were. However, I was left quite disappointed with the actual treatments. I have been to about 10 hammans now covering Morocco, Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia and this is the first one where they don't soap you down with the bubbles. Normally after leaving one of these places you feel beyond clean. I didn't feel dirty, just not that amazing clean feeling you normally get. The seaweed treatment was disappointing. It was basically a mud that was put all over your body. All good, but not as good as expected. The hair treatment was a hair mask left on-I can do that myself at home. The foot treatment was basically leaving your feet in a bowl of warm water for 20 minutes with I think salts in it-I can do that at home. The massage was nice, nothing amazing, but nice. The facial followed which was again, basically a face mask left on my face for 10-15 minutes-I can do that myself at home. Most facials I've had, with a hamman package or not, consists of several different types of cleansers, oils creams ect, being put on and wiped off before a mask is put on at the end.
Like I said, everything was OK, but all through the treatments I was left expecting more. A real shame to be honest.

Hammam A, Ejer at Hammam Anti Stress, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hello ! Thankyou for your review that we have read thoroughly. We are happy that you liked our place in general. Unfortunately you didn't feel as pampered as was our intention.
Our program is quite comprehensive and includes also soaping and soap massage, this is though not included in the golden packet that you chose, but can, like all other treatments in our program, be combined with the golden packet or any other treatment packet one chooses.
You are right that some of the treatments can be done at home by oneself, but to us, in Hammam Antistress, it is not just about the use of a product on the body. It is a whole experience of special selected natural products with good effects, a staff that is dedicated to give our guests a good feeling and professional treatment, a unik environment that also stimulates mind and body and a stressless place, where our guests can feel relaxed and away from the daily routines.
All this together is hard to achieve in our own bathroom.
Best wishes for your next hammam visit.

All reviews
"tunisian culture"
"kamel"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

It’s a place you just draem to come again and again perfect with the service very clean very beautiful garden I can just say that I love ❤️ this Hammam spa anti stress best regards Kamula

1  Thank redkardinal
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I adore going to a Hammam and always look for somewhere local as opposed to aseptic, expensive hotel hammams with no soul. Therefore when I read all the reviews on Hammam anti stress it sounded perfect for me. First thing I recommend, following the advice in a review I read, is to ask Kamel the owner when making your reservation, to organise the taxi. I paid 10 dinar return which is approx £3.50. I booked the gold package for 90 dinar including Steam room, body scrub, hair wash, body and face mask and finally a 25 mins relaxing massage.
With regards to the place, it is a traditional, inviting place, full of character. Kamel and his wife welcomed me and made me feel immediately at home and comfortable. I was then taken away to enjoy my treatments with a lovely Tunisian lady who took great care of me. Even though we couldn't talk to each other we could still understand and even had a few laughs, especially when she was pouring water over my head after washing my hair! I came out of there feeling wonderful and can't wait to return. If you have worries about going somewhere out of the hotel, please don't, you are in safe hands and will have a really enjoyable time. It's also nice to know that you are supporting a local family and their passion to take care of people.

1  Thank stonerage
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful hammam, with a wonderful owner and manager (Kamil) and wonderful authentic Tunisian look and feel. I'm from the UK myself and have travelled to many countries and I can tell you from experience forget the hammams and spas in your hotel etc, they have no character and don't give the same joy to the mind, body and soul as this type of hamman does and these kind of sincere people. Men get treated by men, women get treated by women. It's at different times and kept completely separate and private. So women don't have to worry about their privacy. Which is how proper hammams are. It's about the hammam experience, and this one is great. Thank you Kamil and family! I will see you next time!

2  Thank Talha Q
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I visited Hammam Anti-Stress at the recommendation of my Airbnb host, and it did not disappoint. Although I don’t speak French or Arabic, the woman managing the hammam spoke English and was also able to show me a “menu” of services in English. She also checked in on me throughout the process to make sure everything was going well, and it was! I opted for the Gold Package (90 dinar), which included a sauna, full body scrub, hair and body mask, foot soak, and massage. Everything was fantastic!! I found all staff to be friendly, polite, and hospitable, and the hammam itself is incredibly clean (which I appreciated). I highly recommend Hammam Anti-stress to others. What a great way to relax and experience a piece of Tunisian culture.

3  Thank Jackie B