“Huge Positive Surprise”

Private 4-Day Tour in Transylvania from Bucharest
Ranked #4 of 50 Tours in Brasov
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Day tours and Package Multi Day Private Trips in Romania. Amazing Trips You Will Remember! Romania On Day Tours And Multi-Day Package Tours! Transylvania Discovery Tours is a travel company specialized in day tours and private multi-day trips all over Romania for travel lovers who want to discover and explore amazing Romania. Best Romania Tours and Guided Multi-Day Trips in Romania and Transylvania to Bran Castle, Peles Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Sighisoara, Saxon fortified churches from Transylvania like Biertan, Viscri, Prejmer and Harman, the painted monasteries in Bucovina, old Romanian villages, Sibiu, Transfagarasan, beautiful wooden churches in Maramures and more! Our tours leave from Brasov, Bucharest, Sibiu and Cluj Napoca.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

"medieval city"
"visit romania"
"carpathian mountains"

Reviewed 19 June 2018

A very early start but well worth it. Taxi arrived on time. Quite a long drve but driver very informative.ni thouhght the bes part of the trip was the bear sanctuary but for my husband it was Vlads castle. We had enough time in both places. The palace for us was an added bonus. Can highly recommend the trip.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

When we first planned to visit Romania, we intended to hire a car and arrange our own tour. However, during our research, we found really good reviews regarding TDT, so out of curiosity we decided to make some enquiries. That was the best travel decision we ever made!
From the first contact with Bogdan he was nothing but helpful. He reviewed our wish list and made suggestions on how to improve it while never being pushy or trying to promote particular agendas. Once we committed to the trip, he kept in regular contact and was always amenable to any changes we suggested to the itinerary.
We met Bogdan in Bucharest for the start of our 11 day private package tour and from then on our trip was a real joy. Right from the start, Bogdan was more like a friend than a tour guide. He was so welcoming, good natured and willing to adapt the trip to make a greater experience for us. Bogdan’s knowledge about the history of his country was exceptional and he was always willing to give an explanation to all our queries in full detail. Without him we would have regularly been left wondering what we were looking at and not understanding the context or background.
Our accommodation in guest houses and pensions was always first class. Run by families made it even more hospitable, interesting and informative as it was possible to interact with these wonderful people. The locally produced home cooked meals were amazing, delicious and plentiful!
Having our own guide provided so much more. What we saw and learnt of beautiful Romania would not have been possible without Bogdan’s expert guidance.
So it was with emotion and sadness that we left our fantastic guide Bogdan and have no hesitation in recommending him as a private tour guide. The beautiful memories and amazing experiences will linger on …

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve just not not come back from an excellent,unforgettable and overwhelmingly beautiful 6 day Solo package tour of Transylvania with Bogdan!..I landed Saturday the 2nd of June.The tour itinerary started from Bucharest city on the 27th of May(on a Sunday),then we went off to Braşov for my first nights stay in his little holiday home (like a studio apartment)that he rents out to people on booking.com which was really comfy and had its own shower and cooking facilities and on the bedroom walk was full of beautiful pics of Transylvania from the Tours that he’s done with his clients!.In the morning I had an amazing breakfast(made by his wife)in the upper part of his actual home Which was a gorgeous like modern apartment With oak wood beams,and got to meet his family and they were adorable:-)..we all chatted round the breakfast table and I’ve never felt so welcome in all my life and they were all lovely to talk to,his wife was the most lovely kind hearted person and was great exchanging stories of growing up in both our countries!.Day 2 was absolutely breathtaking and incredible as we saw the Transfagarasan(the most incredible place you’ll ever see)and one of the beautiful roads in Europe that goes to a really high altitude and weaves,winds and bends through the mountains and stretches for miles!! Then it was the start of a two night stay in Sibiel village with two nights 3 course dinners and breakfast included(in both nights)!..all I can say it’s that Sibiel is such a beautiful traditional village where you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time,and the food and hospitality was amazing and out of this world(all fresh and locally sourced from the village itself)!!..we also visit the historic and picturesque old town of Sibiu which has a beauty all of its own!.The trips just got better and better an even more incredible each day..Corvin castle(another highlight)!,Alba lulia citadel,the painted monasteries of Bucovina,The painted egg museum,the black pottery museum,and Bicaz gorge and the red lake!! The place though that has a special place in my heart has to be Bucovina as it’s the most incredible and beautiful place I have ever seen in my life(and the Borgo pass mentioned in Dracula)I felt that I had to pinch myself as if I was in a dream,I cried so much when I had to leave it!:-(.A fantastic and incredible experience I will never forget and that’s all thanks to my fantastic tour guide Alex(Bogdan)as without him it wouldn’t of been possible,my dream is fully realistic!!❤️