“Pub grub”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This historic restaurant celebrated its centenary in 2010 and its wooden partitions and mirrored gallery have all the feel of a classic bistro, but it's not bistro food. The menu is eclectic, offering everything from local foods to Asian and Italian. So in order to deliver such a range there's no way that it can all be cooked freshly from scratch, so don't expect it. It's quick pub grub. Do visit the toilets with their amazing decor.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I love a pancake, who doesn't!? And one of the best places to appreciate an incredible local delicacy is Festival. Had an awesome, well priced 2 course meal including lemonade for 24lei today...... Awesome. Service seems to be improving. Yaaay. Caution - don't have a meal in a rush here as you often wait for a while for food.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

This used to be one of my favourite places in Braşov but after today’s visit I changed my mind.
Food is absolutely horrid!!! We ordered a bunch of different things: - salmon (I expect salmon not be dry when I order it at a restaurant). Salmon came with a side of vegetables that were overcooked(broccoli was half mashed).
I ordered French fries for my son that were supposed to be cooked from potatoes not from a bag of frozen fries.
There was also an order of perch fish with potatoes that were served cold, unsalted.
The perch fish didn’t even look like the real deal, maybe it was just pangassius, it was surely bland and didn’t even look like perch fish.
We also had some pork loin that was dry and absolutely sad taste wise.
All in all, this meal was not only pitiful but we also find that the portions were very small.
Not to mention that this wasn’t cheap either.
So sad to see that this place is going down, the restaurant is so nicely decorated and it has such a unique vibe...
Hopefully someone from management will read this and do something accordingly.

3  Thank Roxana F
Reviewed 9 May 2018

From the beginning, the cello outside that anticipates the interior design...Unlike some comments here, I liked the diffuse light, romantic, mysterious atmosphere; the leather old chairs, the 2 pianos, old pictures, the man coming from the wall, the antique objects on the stairs (iron, typing machine etc), the library upstairs (yes, a library with some rare books-wish they sold some to me), the menu like a newspaper (interesting idea), the big screen where it was an old movie with Charlie Chaplin, all was incredible...and I like most the coffee ( I forgot unfortunately its name) so delicious and too much for me (300 mL)...fresh juices and a lot, but we were so tired...I felt like we were in '30s

Reviewed 24 April 2018

You can eat a good meal especially in the afternoon in the ambiance if ancient times. I recommend you take a meal on the gallery where you can enjoy the picture of the whole restaurant.