All reviews the bus old town half board lapad bay bars and restaurants patio doors three star lovely little hotel small hotel single room on a daily basis first floor no tea coffee making facilities every morning stayed here for a week small pool breakfast and evening meal
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for just one night recently when we were on our way to another part of Croatia. The hotel has basic amenities but is clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool area is and the hotel has a great location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MiljenkoS3, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank You for Your kind review. We are glad we have met Your expectations. If you choose to visit Dubrovnik again, we are looking forward to be your host during your next visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Starting with the obvious and mentioned in many reviews - the hotel needs a face-lift, the pipes are making noise, the furnishings are a bit tatty and the facilities seem from the 70s.

BUT, despite all this I had a great stay and was so pleasantly surprised by how nice and helpful staff are, how great the location and how plentiful the food in the breakfast and dinner buffet. I was checked in earlier and given a room with sea view despite having booked a room with park view. That was a nice bonus.

The room is not small at all for single travelers (although I stayed in a twin with balcony overlooking the sea). The hotel is 1 min from the beach. Although on a road, it is quiet at night. The hotel is 1 mi walk to the stop for Bus 4 which takes you to the Old Town in 10 mins.

House wine is affordable and fresh food and salads are plentiful.

If I was to make some improvements - I'll offer better coffee ( the machine one was not great and instant is a no-no). Splitting the terrace into smoking and non-smoking areas could be good as at some point I was surrounded by smokers and could not enjoy my food.

Everything else was great. After much research into accommodation in Dubrovnik (Which is so expensive and not great value for money) I was very pleased with my choice at Komodor.

Trip type: Travelled solo
MiljenkoS3, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Madam,
Thank you for choosing Dubrovnik and our hotel for your destination. I am pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely perfect location with amazing views over the water. It's close to beach, restaurants and bus stop. Very helpful & friendly staff.
Only thing that I can say is that rooms could do with a mini fridge & shower is tiny. Would definitely recommend

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Madam / Sir,
Thank You for writing this beautiful review about your stay. We are very pleased you had a great holidays with us and we are glad to be a part of your nice memories.
Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel The location was great food excellent rooms were very clean and tidy.The staff were unbelievable ,so helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone,We hope to return in the near future.
Many thanks for a great holiday.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Miljenko S, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Sir,
Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

It was a very nice hotel. Ther rooms may seem small at first but its big enough as it is. The rooms were very clean. But you cant realy buy drinks because there isnt a fridge in the room itself. I defenitaly missed the fridge. The food wasnt that great. It was more of the same everyday. Not even a small change was made. But the staff was very nice. Theres busstop , shops, cafes, restaurant, bars , beach just around the corner. You have a nice view from your room. Some rooms dont have balconys so If you want a balcony you should look into that, we had a room winthout a balcony and I kinda missed it.

Room tip: Choose a room with balcony if you want one
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Madam,
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,